• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 2nd track for game completed.. whew! (I think)

Share/Bookmark

2nd track for game completed.. whew! (I think)

Whew. This was a bit of a toughie because the client was a bit picky with it. A few qualifying statements before you listen: first off, I must say I don\'t really like everything up to 0:50. After that, it\'s cool. The client insisted on some of that stuff, so I had no say.. ah well! Also, there\'s a little more bass drum than I\'d like, but I was told to use it a lot, because in a lot of action console games, the heavy percussion helps to cut through all the sound effects going on.

Anyway, here it is. It\'s done unless the client says they want something changed.

http://www.samhulick.com/Haunted.mp3

Re: 2nd track for game completed.. whew! (I think)

Thanks. The piece is so-so.. I\'d give my left leg to score a fantasy role-playing game, that\'s really my niche. But hey.. can\'t have it all! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Libraries used: GOS, SAM Horns, SAM Trombones, AO, VOTA, LOP, G-Town Piano Staccatos, SAM Flute FX.

How come you\'re not allowed to tell us your client or the name of the game, but you can post the music online for all to download?

neat tune Sam

If you have the time, try doing some swithes in short bows. Especially in the little half tone/whole tone \"licks\"

If not it should work fine, and is better than alot of Game tune\'s out there if you ask me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m waiting for you and Aaron to start getting more time and bigger gigs.

Both of you show alot of potential. If you just had the amount of sit on your *** time (instead of jobs/school).

What frustrates me most is you\'re closer to doing a fantasy game than me [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Hell I\'d take the gig your on with the music you\'re doing [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (tho I wont trade ;P)

Hi MDesigner, this is great game piece. What I like about your style is that your compositions generally have coherant structure, and the build-up to climax is almost perfect.

nice full warm sound and nice buildup [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nice placing too.

------------
    Alex Cremers

vault: Dunno. They said it was OK to post to this forum. People can listen all they want.. but they won\'t know what the game is. They want to keep it quiet until E3.

King: sorry, I\'m an idiot.. what do you mean by short bow switches? Yeah I can\'t wait to get bigger gigs, though this one is a pretty damn nice start for my first gig. I feel pretty behind in this industry. I\'m 28, Jeremy Soule is one year YOUNGER than I am and look at where he\'s at. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone else for the positive comments. I\'ll let you know if I get approved for a third track in this game. Here was the very brief spec demo sent out to them:

http://www.samhulick.com/Crystal.mp3

Instead of using the same (or layered) short bows, switch to a diffferent one in the middle of the lick to make it more \"performed\", instead of just you triggering a sample.

Ah I see. I thought using GOS\'s ALT VAR1 was good enough and handled the random variations for you... guess not? That\'s what I\'m using there.

Go Back to forum