• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ARIA 1.504 not recognized as VSTi in Overture

Share/Bookmark

ARIA 1.504 not recognized as VSTi in Overture

Installed ARIA 1.504 (the very latest). Set the VST folder where the dll's reside. I didn't jBridged them.
    These dll's aren't recognized as being VSTi plugs.
    Anybody with the same problem?

With the former version it worked fine, see my contribution of the GPO Scherzo in the LR.

Raymond

Re: ARIA 1.504 not recognized as VSTi in Overture

My install worked but I do not have Overture. They are recognized as VSTi in Band in a Box as well as Sonar however. As in another post, I have to separate my Aria 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs to keep them from conflicting, but other people do not have this problem either.

I wonder what's causing this problem? Raymond, you can download and re-install the previous ARIA since the new one seems to be giving you this problem. At the Make Music download page, they keep several past versions of ARIA still available.

You said you "set the VST folder where the .dlls reside" - I guess you mean you typed in the ARIA folder locations for Overture to scan. Do you always need to add locations like that in Overture when trying to add a new VST? This may not be helpful for this current problem you're having, but it helps if you always have program installers deposit their .dll files for VSTs in the same master folder. Like for Cakewalk/Sonar, in the program's master folder I have a VST folder where every soft synth and effect I use are located. That way, when I scan in new items, Cakewalk only needs to look in a single location - that master folder.

More accurately, I should say I have a VST folder for my 32 bit Sonar, and then in the 64 bit Program Files, I have a VST folder for the 64 bit version of ARIA and other synths with 64 bit .dlls.

As you're saying, Jim, this is what was gone over in the other recent thread - the need to keep 32 and 64 bit .dlls organized apart from each other. In Sonar, you want to have custom built lists of available VSTs, organized by type - One menu file for 32 bit Sonar, another for 64 bit Sonar.

And that's right, Raymond, that you wouldn't want to use jBridge, since the ARIA download provides both 32 bit .dlls and 64 bit .dlls - there's no need to use any kind of bit bridge.

But - I have no idea why Overture isn't recognizing ARIA, f you've set it all up the way you usually do, and you haven't tried to load the 32 bit .dll by accident. If everything's set up correctly and still not working, I do think you need to try re-installing the ARIA previous to the current one.

Randy

The first time use of Overture using VSTi's, demands that you declare the folder in which the plugs are, like SONAR. Then you unload Overture and reload it again. It is a bit strange doing, but the Overture team is working on a new version (also 64 bits). After this reloading you can assign various instances of any plug residing in the folder, called the Instruments List. Thus you only have to do this once.

All works fine with Steinway (GAS), ARIA X86 Multi (older version), EWQL and several others. After having installed the latest ARIA, scanning the VST folder (similar proces as with SONAR) doesn't recognize the ARIA plugs. So ARIA is NOT assignable in the instruments list. Later today I had some different installations/setups to get it done, none of them worked. So I had to fall back at the previous version.

Still wonder why this is happening.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    The first time use of Overture using VSTi's, demands that you declare the folder in which the plugs are, like SONAR. Then you unload Overture and reload it again. It is a bit strange doing, but the Overture team is working on a new version (also 64 bits). After this reloading you can assign various instances of any plug residing in the folder, called the Instruments List. Thus you only have to do this once.

All works fine with Steinway (GAS), ARIA X86 Multi (older version), EWQL and several others. After having installed the latest ARIA, scanning the VST folder (similar proces as with SONAR) doesn't recognize the ARIA plugs. So ARIA is NOT assignable in the instruments list. Later today I had some different installations/setups to get it done, none of them worked. So I had to fall back at the previous version.

Still wonder why this is happening.

Raymond
    Thanks for the details, Raymond. You're apparently still using the old ARIA that came with the Steinway (the piano works in the newer ARIAs)- And you're sure it was the X86 32 bit version of the new ARIA you had in Overture's VST folder?--you didn't have the 64 bit versions mixed in with it?

I'll share the link to this thread with the developers so they can be sure to see it.

Randy

Latest releases of ARIA fine here with 32-bit versions on latest Overture.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Latest releases of ARIA fine here with 32-bit versions on latest Overture.

Jim
    Thanks for that report, Jim. Do you think then it's possible that Raymond accidentally has the 64 bit .dll files in his Overture VST folder?

Randy

No, I hadn't the 64 bits versions in that folder!!!! I made two folders, one with the 64bits versions of all plugs and one with the 32 bits versions. The 64bits versions of all plugs are jBridged "I am using a 32 bits host as jBridge asks". This works well with the EWQL Play. But that isn't the case here. I am - again - using 32 bits versions for Overture when I am on GPO. And though I have that separate Steinway as a plug, I am using the Steinway within the "all purpose ARIA".

Hi, Jim. Glad that it works for you, but somehow I can't get it right.

Raymond

Got it working. I removed all older ARIA players from that particular Overture folder and the general VSTi folder (to which the installer points). Installed the newest version, moved the content of the sub-folder Garritan to the Overture folder (only the X86 versions), reloaded Overture...... and now I am satisfied. There must have been some problem (unknown) this weekend. Really don't know.

Thank you all for your patience and replies,

Raymond

After several tries it seems stable now. So, back to music study and composing.

Raymond

Go Back to forum