• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BE CAREFUL not to do this...+ Demo

Share/Bookmark

BE CAREFUL not to do this...+ Demo

In a healthy exchange of compositional techniques between one composer to another, I made a doofus mistake. I \'save as\'ed my .wrk sequencing file into a .mid file, and in doing so, saved OVER the .wrk file, squishing it down into 16 tracks from the 40-50+ tracks I originally had. I tried looking to see if the original .wrk file was there with the regular tracks, but it all went to hell. SO BEWARE of your clicker-happy fingers!! Especially if you\'re working on a project that takes numerous hours to do. I had a good time kicking my self in the nuts and spooning my eye out after this happened, but laughed in the end at myself.

( www.aaronsapp.com/mp3/Space_Expedition.mp3 )

Now a \'portfolio piece\'. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PS: Comments/Suggestions welcome on piece. BWA HA HA HA!!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: BE CAREFUL not to do this...+ Demo

May you remember to back up often, and may your hard disks outlive your grandchildren and their grandchildren.

BTW, great demos over at the Kirk Hunter site. I just paid a visit today.

Hey Aaron.
    That may well be my favorite comp I\'ve heard come out of you... well... from you. It sounds like it\'s just about to go somewhere nice right at the fade out. Love to hear where.
    Once again nice work.

christianb

One of the best things I\'ve heard on this forum or anywhere else.This is very well written and almost perfectly performed. Could you tell us something about the sound sources you have used. The brass was really convincinly. In most other cases it\'s the brass that gives it away. This is one hell of a step forward. I suppose this cannot be achieved with only one computer, right? Anyway, I will follow your progress at close range. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

------------
    Alex Cremers

Thanks for the comments.

The trumpets and the french horns are all SAM, the trombones and tuba from VSL Brass/Woodwind set. Yes, as a matter of fact, this was done on my one computer that I have currently. It\'s not currently top of the line, but it seems to get the job done. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very impressive Aaron! Looking forward to hearing the next bit!!

Chris

The trumpets and the french horns are all SAM, the trombones and tuba from VSL Brass/Woodwind set. Yes, as a matter of fact, this was done on my one computer that I have currently. It\'s not currently top of the line, but it seems to get the job done.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Amazing! That you pulled this off with only one \"old\" computer even though these are powerhouse libraries (except for SAM trumpets of course). Aaron, you forgot the mention the strings. I would like to know too.

Thanks

------------
    Alex Cremers

Great Piece....Your running GS on the same comp. as your Sequence?(like the WHOLE thing was done on 1 comp?)or 1 gigabox into another main Comp.?Just curious.Sounds great BTW!! Keep writing, RichPell

Hi Aaron, I hate to be a pain in the you know what. But I still think that you\'re trying to do too much in too short time.
    I can tell you that all these ideas, you had in this one minute composition, could be used for 6-10 minutes (or longer) composition.
    I feel that this piece is kind of \"shoot-and-run\" composition, meaning that you introduce many ideas but don\'t develop it at all or very little? Mind you, that I could be just so old fashioned composer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I love how you use the samples and manage to make it sound realistic. You are clearly good specially in that department. But you could improve your composition skills. No offence intended!

Very nice, Aaron. Your music is consistently top notch, and very creative. You\'ve got a great future in this field.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum