• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria 1.504 for windows posted at MakeMusic

Share/Bookmark

Aria 1.504 for windows posted at MakeMusic

I got the update and it fixes all of my issues. I am 100% satisfied with the update. Thanks for the fixes everyone at Plogue, Garritan, MakeMusic, etc.

Re: Aria 1.504 for windows posted at MakeMusic

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I got the update and it fixes all of my issues. I am 100% satisfied with the update. Thanks for the fixes everyone at Plogue, Garritan, MakeMusic, etc.
    Great - Thanks for posting this, Jim.

The release of this new ARIA several days ago wasn't trumpeted here at the Forum the way I thought it would be. Your thread here is a good corrective. I hope users who've been frustrated with the glitches in the last ARIA will be encouraged so they can go fetch their free upgrade also.

Randy

And to make it clear to everyone, you go to the download page at Finale/MakeMusic to update your ARIA. If you haven't already set up your account there, do that so you can stay in the Garritan loop:

DOWNLOADS AT MAKE MUSIC

Randy

Well, this is great! I too am a happy camper. My latest project is working fine with the latest ARIA 1.504 and my EWI likes it too!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys did to make this happen. I gave up programing after I found out how hard it was to say "Hello World" in Binary and even in Basic!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Installed it without any problems. Tried the freestanding, found out about that convolution thing. Ten minutes of pure joy. Next time I'll have a GPO project this is my player!!!!!!

Raymond

So, finally got around to downloading this, and lo and behold...

The CDN MakeMusic is using is still misbehaving, and doing the same thing for me as it was when I tried to download 1.500 a few months ago (old post here for reference).

I really hope MakeMusic bugs their CDN provider about this to get it fixed soon... small updates like this I can route around or snag on my phone's data connection, but I would not want to have to deal with anything like that if I had to download gigabytes for any of the sample libraries if I ever had to redownload any of them or if there was a new release or such.
    -- Matt Wong

It's certainly a relief to see some happy campers on this thread - Jim "jdsnderii," Rich and Raymond. It's been a bit agonizing for me, waiting for the public release of 1.504, knowing from my Beta experience that you guys were going to have your Finale and EWI issues cleared up.

And then there's the download problem you're still having, Matt "Silh." I understand what you're saying, that with some hassle you're able to get a small file like this ARIA update, but that with the problems you're having, a big download, like for an entire library, would probably be impossible. What's going on there, I wonder?

When I test the MakeMusic download, which I've done several times now, it always works in a flash, and it looks to be working for Jim, Rich, and Raymond on this thread. But obviously a "CDN" (Content Delivery System) needs to work for everyone as consistently as possible.

I wonder what's unique about your computer set up, Matt? I mean, that has to be the factor which is different in your case.

Randy

Randy said:
    When I test the MakeMusic download, which I've done several times now, it always works in a flash, and it looks to be working for Jim, Rich, and Raymond on this thread. But obviously a "CDN" (Content Delivery System) needs to work for everyone as consistently as possible.
    It worked smoothly for me on my i7, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit running the latest Firefox. I hope you contacted MakeMusic support to see if they had an answer. They are usually very prompt in response time.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

When I go to the upgrade page I can only find 2012b. Is that what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    When I go to the upgrade page I can only find 2012b. Is that what you are talking about?
    ----well, no - We're talking about ARIA 1.504, also on the Download page at MakeMusic.

Randy

Go Back to forum