• Register
  • Help

Topic: Percussion Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Percussion Libraries

Which is better, VSL Percussion or London Orchestral Percussion or something else? (I know there\'s always the EWQL option.)

Its a huge price difference, and I assume that\'s reflected somehow (you get what you pay for). But I just wonder if it\'s worth that much more for VSL or whether London Orch would suffice. Or is London Orch outdated or something and not worth it?

Thanks all.

Re: Percussion Libraries

LOP is a fantastic library. So is VSL. But it would be wrong to assume that LOP is inferior because it costs less. It is a superb library that has served many on this forum well.

Terry

I did ask a similiar question a couple of months ago.

I bought LOP and am very happy with it. Another one to consider would be the percussion component of EWQLSO particularly as it is a VST.

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    I did ask a similiar question a couple of months ago.

I bought LOP and am very happy with it. Another one to consider would be the percussion component of EWQLSO particularly as it is a VST.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m a little scared of running Giga and Kompakt engines simultaneously. Ram issues and all. I\'ve considered it however.

I guess it depends on your system specs. I have an Athlon XP2000+ with 1gig of ram.

I run Giga, Kontakt, Battery, Atmosphere, The Grand, Virtual Guitarist, etc, etc all simultaneously without any problems.

With FX teleport you could also pick up an old PIII dirt cheap and run kompakt through that.

Scott.

Go Back to forum