• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two Simple Organ Works for the Festival

Share/Bookmark

Two Simple Organ Works for the Festival

These two simple organ pieces date from 1993 and 1996. Both use GPO organ with Sonar.

Tubornpet

Tea Bone

Richard

Re: Two Simple Organ Works for the Festival

Hello Richard! I'm not sure if you have adjusted the reverb on these or not, but on my second listen it does not seem as obvious to me. I think I originally just mistook the instrument selection to be a little reverb-heavy. I still enjoy these pieces, I enjoy the use of Canon in both, each are well executed and build quite a bit of excitement throughout!

I noticed I've been the only one to post on these so far, which I don't think has anything to do with the quality of the music. I found it difficult to locate the player on the page, so perhaps others are having difficulty finding it? I am using Chrome, and I get a warning saying my browser is not compatible with an Avid/Sibelius plugin for the player. I was still able to click on the tiny speaker icon that is in the center of the page next to the MP3 file label. I hope others are able to hear these great recordings! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Well, shucks, I posted the wrong links. They will work okay with the mp3, but I intended to link to Box.net. Trouble is, I have not yet uploaded them to Box! I have been mildly distracted lately by concerns over upcoming cataract surgery, which is a simple, safe procedure, but ancillary considerations can be worrisome, even if not serious.

I will upload the files to Box later today.

Thanks for your comments and for pointing out the problem.

Richard

Those pages work fine for me, Richard, I'm familiar with the Score Exchange site. I think it's fun to have the MIDI file available for playback, so we can follow along in the score. The MP3s have some sonic issues, but played fine also.

Nice work on both pieces, Richard. Good choices for re-posting during our big Festival. Thanks.

Randy

Well, I have just uploaded new mp3's. Same links still work.

It would be very useful and time saving to me if I used only the Score Exchange links for all my postings. As Randy notes, you can follow the score during playback if you have Scorch, which is available for free download. Or, if you wish to just listen you can stream the mp3. I don't think it is possible to download the mp3 from Score Exchange.

I would surely welcome comments on this method vs box.

Richard

I can't believe I got out of bed before 7:00 this morning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    ...It would be very useful and time saving to me if I used only the Score Exchange links for all my postings. As Randy notes, you can follow the score during playback if you have Scorch, which is available for free download. Or, if you wish to just listen you can stream the mp3. I don't think it is possible to download the mp3 from Score Exchange...
    The Score Exchange site is very nice, and I feel you would do fine to just use it for sharing your music, Richard. Scorch is a tiny little utility, quick and easy to set up - everyone should have it.

My suggestion is that you just use Score Exchange, and always include simple instructions in your posts. Point out where the Play button for the MP3 player is, and mention that the MIDI synced to the score is available with Scorch. As long as it's all clear and simple, nobody would be able to object to going to Score Exchange instead of Box.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The Score Exchange site is very nice, and I feel you would do fine to just use it for sharing your music, Richard. Scorch is a tiny little utility, quick and easy to set up - everyone should have it.

My suggestion is that you just use Score Exchange, and always include simple instructions in your posts. Point out where the Play button for the MP3 player is, and mention that the MIDI synced to the score is available with Scorch. As long as it's all clear and simple, nobody would be able to object to going to Score Exchange instead of Box.

Randy
    I agree with Randy. If you are used to Score Exchange, and find it most convenient, by all means use it. I had no issues playing the music in my Scorch-incompatible browser as long as I clicked the link to the mp3. Just a quick tip on where the link is may be helpful to other listeners, though.
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Banned

I too fave a scorch incompatible browser, and the mp3's sounded fine to me (did they ever; nice work!)

Go Back to forum