• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adding Third Party sfz files to Aria Player.

Share/Bookmark

Adding Third Party sfz files to Aria Player.

Hello,
    I'm not very savvy in the world of software libraries so, please excuse my ignorance.

I,ve recently purchased a guitar library consisting of sfz files, how can i get this library to work within the aria player?...how do i load the library?

Thanks for any assistance.

Scar.

Re: Adding Third Party sfz files to Aria Player.

There are several ways to do this but in general, if your library comes with a player (e.g. like Aria), then you should use that in your hosting software (e.g. Sonar, Finale, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, etc).

If you want to use it in Aria, then you can:

1) Use the SFZ import feature which you can access on the menu of a slot, for example, on the first slot if you click on the slot a menu comes up and one options says import--this is the SFZ import feature, and it is by far the easiest way to do this.

2) If you are tech savvy then you can go through the pains of "extending the Aria Player", but I would not recommend that unless you are really needing to. If you are, I can post something to you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    There are several ways to do this but in general, if your library comes with a player (e.g. like Aria), then you should use that in your hosting software (e.g. Sonar, Finale, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, etc).

If you want to use it in Aria, then you can:

1) Use the SFZ import feature which you can access on the menu of a slot, for example, on the first slot if you click on the slot a menu comes up and one options says import--this is the SFZ import feature, and it is by far the easiest way to do this.

2) If you are tech savvy then you can go through the pains of "extending the Aria Player", but I would not recommend that unless you are really needing to. If you are, I can post something to you.

Jim
    Thanks for the info, Jim.

The SFZ library does not come with a player, though they do recommend Linuxplayer, but i know aria better and would prefer this instead.

The SFZ import feature was my first attemp but i get a message from 'Instrument Parser' telling me that it cannot find audio file.

Have no clue what to do next.

Thanks again, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    Thanks for the info, Jim.

The SFZ library does not come with a player, though they do recommend Linuxplayer, but i know aria better and would prefer this instead.

The SFZ import feature was my first attemp but i get a message from 'Instrument Parser' telling me that it cannot find audio file.

Have no clue what to do next.

Thanks again, Jim.
    This is most likely a simple fix. The directory structure for unloading the SFZ file with its audio samples is probably a little misaligned. For example, here is the top portion of an SFZ file:

<global>
    sw_default=36
    gain_cc1=12
    volume=-12

<group>
    lovel=100
    sw_lokey=c2
    sw_hikey=f2
    sw_last=c2
    sw_label=Sus Long

<region>
    sample=Forte-Notas\Normalized\C4.wav
    lokey=c3
    hikey=c#4

Notice that the 'sample' line under the <region> has a file name. This file name is a relative file name, and it is relative to where the SFZ file is located. So in this case, it is expecting a folder named 'Forte-Notas'. The problem you are most likely having is that the location of the samples described in your SFZ does not match. So, if you look at the expected folder structure, you should be able to move things around to match.

This most likely happened if you got a ZIP archive (or something like that) and uncompressed the file but the tool did not preserve the folder structure.

Hopefully this helps. Lastly, I would make a copy of the library to make any changes so you don't wipe out the original.

Jim

Scaramouche, did you work this all out? Jim gave you expert advice - What it boils down to is the SFZ file should be in the same folder as the audio files.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Scaramouche, did you work this all out? Jim gave you expert advice - What it boils down to is the SFZ file should be in the same folder as the audio files.

Randy

Sorry, i got it working, but don't ask me how!...i opened up my daw, chose the player, inserted the SFZ's and away it went, as if nothing was ever wrong and it's been that way since i last posted.

Just can't figure it out, but thanks to jim for his help.

Go Back to forum