• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Acoustic Guitar Library recommendation

Share/Bookmark

Acoustic Guitar Library recommendation

I\'m searching for a good acoustic guitar library. Can someone recommend me a good one?

Re: Acoustic Guitar Library recommendation

A really, really good one still has to be made.
    I\'m waiting for that too. In the mean time I tackle the Yellow Tools guitars and the beautiful Collings guitar found on Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol.2. Though that one has looped sustaines. But, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , you can load many.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Thanks for your response.

I can\'t imagine that there isn\'t much demand for such libraries. It\'s an instrument which is used in many compositions. So it would be nice if there would come more acoustic, spanish, flamenco, classical guitar sample libraries.

Somehow I\'m hoping Spectrasonics secretly is doing one with Bob Daspit as producer. It probably will be released as another VSTI but what can you do?

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS STYLUS. THEN CAME ATMOSPHERE AND TRILOGY. NOW...SPECTRASONICS IS PROUD TO PRESENT...GUITAROGY!!!

Something like that.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Matt Ragan Industrial Strength...a Martin, both single note and some strummed chords.

Danny Lux\'s Acoustic Essentials...mostly strummed chords, but thankfully contains sus chords that get you through a lot of potential snares. There\'s also a nice crisp drum kit and a set of single velocity A20 samples.

Jim Corrigan\'s Nashville Hi-Strung Guitars...think \"Lying Eyes\" and you get the sound that this library makes. Strummed chords.

Bardstown Archtop Guitars and Banjos...the archtop is actually an electric (or more accurately, electrified), but it\'s recorded both acoustically and through the pickup.

ALL of these libraries are good.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    Matt Ragan Industrial Strength...a Martin, both single note and some strummed chords.

Danny Lux\'s Acoustic Essentials...mostly strummed chords, but thankfully contains sus chords that get you through a lot of potential snares. There\'s also a nice crisp drum kit and a set of single velocity A20 samples.

Jim Corrigan\'s Nashville Hi-Strung Guitars...think \"Lying Eyes\" and you get the sound that this library makes. Strummed chords.

Bardstown Archtop Guitars and Banjos...the archtop is actually an electric (or more accurately, electrified), but it\'s recorded both acoustically and through the pickup.

ALL of these libraries are good.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree that all these are good. The Nashville Hi-Strung always works well in a mix, but there\'s no \"sus\" What\'s up with that? That chord is pretty basic isn\'t it?...even for Nashville pickers. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, this library has a beatuful Martin sample...probably my favorite of all the sampled guitars I\'ve used.

I love the Bardstown as well. It\'s sound is very unique. It\'s probably best suited for jazz, but it\'s really in a class by itself. I use it when I want something a little different.

VR sound has a great nylon sample...one of the best.

Although this isn\'t Giga related, if you have a vst-1 sequencer, the Virtual Guitar from Steinberg is lots of fun, easy to use, and sounds great. For basic rythm guitar tracks, it\'s as good as it gets.

A library with all kinds of acoustic guitars with non-looped single notes, that also can be strummed, might be very nice. And beside that a lot of effects like fret noises etc.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I ran away from that demo as fast as I could. I don\'t like my guitar sound like a spinet.
    Hey, it could be the demo of course.
    I would also, based on their demo, like to list that nylon from VR Sound.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quoted From Bruce:

\"Bardstown Archtop Guitars and Banjos...the archtop is actually an electric (or more accurately, electrified), but it\'s recorded both acoustically and through the pickup.\"

Hi Bruce,

Actually it\'s the other way around. The Gibson archtop in this collection is actually an acoustic guitar with a floating DeArmond pickup in the neck position, and has been sample recorded both acoustically and electrically with both pick and thumb. Most archtop Guitars, including Gibson\'s, can be ordered and purchased as either acoustics or electrics. I always preferred the sound of an electric archtop guitar as an acoustic instrument with a floating pickup because the hand carved spruce top has not been cut and butchered in order to mount pickups. The sound of an electric archtop jazz guitar is much nicer when a floating pickup is used on an acoustic archtop guitar with a solid un-cut top that has not been butchered in order to install pickups, thus allowing for complete vibration of the top of the guitar.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Yellow tools Pure guitar is a collection of acoustic instruments. Single notes, which, I believe, are unlooped. (Chords are nothing to write home about.) I\'m quite partial to the tone of the nylons. Nice and rich. There are sfx\'s -- rubbing and scratching as well as percussive sounds.

Go Back to forum