• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: BiaB Thread?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    BiaB Thread?

    Would anyone care to join in a conversation thread on how BiaB merges with Sonar using Garritan Libraries?

    It's a technique I use when creating accompaniments for me to play along with for entertainment and gigs.

    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  2. #2

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Would anyone care to join in a conversation thread on how BiaB merges with Sonar using Garritan Libraries?

    It's a technique I use when creating accompaniments for me to play along with for entertainment and gigs.

    Bill
    This is something I periodically do and with some of the new features in BiaB, it makes it more user-friendly and life like especially for piano and bass. I sometimes use it to borrow simple string arrangements too when I am in a hurry.

    So I would join in the conversation. Using Garritan Libraries really does produce high-quality results -- much more so than many other tools.

  3. #3

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Would anyone care to join in a conversation thread on how BiaB merges with Sonar using Garritan Libraries?

    It's a technique I use when creating accompaniments for me to play along with for entertainment and gigs.

    Bill
    Great, Bill - After our conversation in The Listening Room, I was hoping you'd start something here in General Discussion about Band In A Box. I know zero about the program, haven't ever used something that generates parts like BiaB does, and haven't ever thought about it much. I'd appreciate some elucidation!

    How about putting together an introductory How To tute, giving us an outline of the program's basic concepts?

    Randy

  4. #4

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Actually, this would be an opportune time to discuss Garritan+BiaB...the latest BiaB update made a number of upgrades in MIDI capability that will make it more valuable to run through a sequencer, tweak, and Garritanize.

    A lot of the other upgrades to BiaB have been in the audio realm and therefore didn't relate to use with JABB or other libraries.

    Working with the new MIDI features of BiaB is on my list, but I'm in a busy mode with the day gig and a number of gigs now. I use it exactly as Bill does--to provide backgrounds for gigs and clinics.

    Maybe in a while I can do something if Bill doesn't want to. Right now, all my plates are full, and I am trying desperately to juggle them without all of them crashing to the ground.

    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

  5. #5

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    How about putting together an introductory How To tute, giving us an outline of the program's basic concepts?

    Randy
    Randy,
    I can do that. Give me some time to get it together.

    And, Jim,
    I wouldn't mind help and suggestions when you have the time to look in. I have an older version of BiaB so the upgrades to the midi info will be something I can't cover.

    Tally-Ho and let's see what becomes of this thread.

    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  6. #6

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    I am game. I think this will be helpful to many people who want to know how to leverage both systems.

    Looking forward to the discussions. So, who will start it off

    Jim

  7. #7

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Hello all,

    If I am to do this thread, I need a hand count off those who have BiaB and are interested.

    I only see 1 or 2 interested inmates here that would be involved (not counting myself and my brother).

    If there is more interest, I will continue this thread.

    Let me know.

    Thanks,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  8. #8

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Hello all,

    If I am to do this thread, I need a hand count off those who have BiaB and are interested.

    I only see 1 or 2 interested inmates here that would be involved (not counting myself and my brother).

    If there is more interest, I will continue this thread.

    Let me know.

    Thanks,
    Bill
    I'm interested even though I don't have BiaB - I'd like to know how it works so I could have a better idea how to field questions about it. Snorlax is definitely interested - hm, guess we're the "1 or 2 interested inmates." But surely there are other folks lurking around who could benefit from some info.

    I do know that we have a Lot more people visiting the Forum on a regular basis than we see evidence of in posts. I got a great PM just the other day from a lurker who's been here as long as me, and he wanted me to know how he visits every day and appreciates all the info and music.

    It would make the task easier if you don't try to get super ambitious with it, Bill. It could be a casual series of mini-tutes, each one of the size and scope that you could write up in not too much time perhaps. I think any info you could pass on about how you work with Biab would be appreciated.

    Randy

  9. #9

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I'm interested even though I don't have BiaB - I'd like to know how it works so I could have a better idea how to field questions about it. Snorlax is definitely interested - hm, guess we're the "1 or 2 interested inmates." But surely there are other folks lurking around who could benefit from some info.

    I do know that we have a Lot more people visiting the Forum on a regular basis than we see evidence of in posts. I got a great PM just the other day from a lurker who's been here as long as me, and he wanted me to know how he visits every day and appreciates all the info and music.

    It would make the task easier if you don't try to get super ambitious with it, Bill. It could be a casual series of mini-tutes, each one of the size and scope that you could write up in not too much time perhaps. I think any info you could pass on about how you work with Biab would be appreciated.

    Randy
    Mini-Tuts sounds good. Or is that Mini-Toots?

    I'll put something together shortly.

    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  10. #10

    Re: BiaB Thread?

    Count me in too, please.
    I have an, as yet, unused copy of BiaB 2011.

    Regards,
    John.

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •