• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Garritan libraries run as RTAS plug-ins?

Share/Bookmark

Does Garritan libraries run as RTAS plug-ins?

In my chase for a DAW I stepped into ProTools 10, that seems to fit many of my working habits.
    But... Does Garritan libraries and Aria work as RTAS plugins? Or do I need some kind of virtual connector to run GPO into it?
    I must add I'm on Mac.

Thank you.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: Does Garritan libraries run as RTAS plug-ins?

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    In my chase for a DAW I stepped into ProTools 10, that seems to fit many of my working habits.
    But... Does Garritan libraries and Aria work as RTAS plugins? Or do I need some kind of virtual connector to run GPO into it?
    I must add I'm on Mac.

Thank you.
    ProTools - cough - one of these years they Might catch up with Sonar, we'll see - But YES, when you install a Garritan Library, part of the installation dialogue is if you want the RTAS plugins to be installed, and if so, where you want them placed.

Randy

Re: Does Garritan libraries run as RTAS plug-ins?

Thank you Randy. I thought you were out for fishing.
    About ProTools, the other choice is Cubase, but it seems PT's layout is more friendly to my damaged way of working with music. Cubase expression maps and scoring capabilities appears to be a plus. I see PT has a Sibelius-like score editor, but you can't input dynamics and other signs, so you mast rely on full Sibelius sw to do it... And it's another 600$.
    Who knows? Christmas is still far to come.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum