• Help

Topic: Multisampling

Share/Bookmark

Multisampling

Hello,

This is my first post. So please ....

What I want to know is that
    1] What is Multisampling
    2] what is Acid library... meaning I konw that acid is a S/w which makes Audio loops stretch, But I am wndering what format this Libraries are. Does it have any special format...?

even if you give some link which will explain this... it\'s all right .. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Multisampling

Originally posted by Mr Harry Potter:
    Hello,

This is my first post. So please ....

What I want to know is that
    1] What is Multisampling
    2] what is Acid library... meaning I konw that acid is a S/w which makes Audio loops stretch, But I am wndering what format this Libraries are. Does it have any special format...?

even if you give some link which will explain this... it\'s all right .. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Multisampling is the practice of sampling acoustic instruments at several levels of volume and various type of articulation, then mapping those to a sampler in such a way that these instruments can be modeled or emulated from a keyboard or other performance device.

ACID loops are just loops...musically significant \"snippets\" which can be repeated over and over to form a groove, ostinato, or melodic part. The significance of ACID is that Sonic Foundry devised a pitch and time stretching algorithm which essentially leaves the first 1/3 of a given division intact, while stretching only the last 2/3. This leaves formants and attacks far less distorted than simple stretching, and the technique is now widely emulated. The difference in an \"ACIDized\" loop as opposed to a standard loop is that these ACID-looping divisions are stored within the header of standard Microsoft WAV files. These headers have built-in data \"chunks\" which can be used by any manufacturer or producer to store information. Hence, any loop in WAV format can be turned into an ACID loop simply by processing it through the ACID application and adding this information. Non-ACID supporting software simply ignores this information.

Oh Bruce...

Thanks a Bunch...

It really has halped me to clear the doubts...

So you mean if I have a Drum loop in normal wav format, simply by passing it through Acid [open it in Acid and then export it as it is without oing anything else, ths information will get embedded with it...? or there is some special command for it in Acid...??

Thanks again...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Mr Harry Potter:
    So you mean if I have a Drum loop in normal wav format, simply by passing it through Acid [open it in Acid and then export it as it is without oing anything else, ths information will get embedded with it...? or there is some special command for it in Acid...??

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No, you have to deliberately set the split-points. It\'s easy to do, and there are plenty of loops bundled with ACID so that you can see how it\'s done. ACID tries to automatically generate them, but they\'re always better if you take the time to tweak them out. They\'re not saved into the wave file unless you specifically save it. This doesn\'t have any negative effect on the file in other apps, nor does it alter the actual audio data, so you can feel free to ACIDize anything you like without fear.

Go Back to forum