• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dare I, part II, another sax demo....

Share/Bookmark

Dare I, part II, another sax demo....

Ok, I admit that the past demos wasn\'t THAT good and that they didn\'t do the sax library justice. So, we took some help from Patrick de Caumette
    Too Late

Read more about the Bigga Giggas Tenor Sax at www.biggagiggas.com

Re: Dare I, part II, another sax demo....

It\'s better but it\'s all sustained notes. I\'m missing some bend notes. Aren\'t there other arcticulations that would help us to perform more realistically? It still sounds too much like it has been played on a keyboard.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Now that\'s a great demo! What a difference a demo makes...

Good job Patrick.

Hans

Worra: I agree this one sounds better than the previous demos, but there still seems to be a ways to go. As a saxophonist, might I suggest you getting a real sax player (perhaps even the guy who played on the library) to help get the phrasing more \"saxophonic?\"---and thus less synth-sounding. He would be able to hear and think things in a way that might draw out more realism from the samples.

¨Glad you liked this better! More demos coming up!

Great demo Patrick! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Originally posted by XanaX:
    As a saxophonist, might I suggest you getting a real sax player
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Or even a wind controller?

Originally posted by Worra:
    Ok, I admit that the past demos wasn\'t THAT good and that they didn\'t do the sax library justice. So, we took some help from Patrick de Caumette
    Too Late

Read more about the Bigga Giggas Tenor Sax at www.biggagiggas.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sweet...very nice indeed. The backing blends in much better and provides much better \"bed\" to show off the sax. The lovely vibrato comes through much better this time around.

I know it\'s practically impossible to get a sampled sax to play and sound like the real thing...but I\'ve said it before and I\'ll say it again: this is as close as you\'re gonna get. I just haven\'t heard that much realism and plain ol\' soul in any other sampled sax.

Can\'t wait till the rest of the library comes out.

Worra,

This one is much better.

I agree that you should find someone with a Yamaha WX7 to do a demo. That would make all the difference. I believe that Bruce has one, and my band partner has one as well.

-- Martin

Hans, Tob, Sporter & everyone else,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback!
    (and your constructive criticism)

other instruments in this piece: Atmosphere & Culture.

We all are aware that the saxophone is one of the hardest if not the hardest instrument to emulate.
    I was very anxious about writing a good demo for this library after hearing the two demos that Worra had posted [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Once I received the CD I realized this tenor sax had a really beautiful tone. Instead of writing a piece featuring a lot of doublings of the tenor with other instruments (which in general makes a sampled instrument much more believable) I decided to go for a piece where the sax would be blowing freely, covering the whole register of the instrument. The highest notes might not be reachable by your average sax player but certainly world class players do it in their sleep.
    I do not use a keyboard as a controller but a midi guitar which IMHO is a better controller for wind instruments (and string ones as well) because of the slight pitch variations that I get when playing.
    After talking with John Thomas and Worra about this library, a number of ideas have been coming forth. One being a legato patch, the other one is still in the works...
    Overall, I feels this instrument is getting much closer to the real thing than previous attemps.
    In a few days I will be writting a mid tempo jazz tune with drums to show how it sounds in a quartet (or quintet) setup [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum