• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Low dollar price affect European developers...

Share/Bookmark

Low dollar price affect European developers...

Hi,

When I released the Scarbee RSP73 in late december the EURO and Dollar was equal in strenght so USD 199.00 was about EURO 199.00.

NOw... USD 199.00 is only EURO 170.00 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Low dollar price affect European developers...

If we\'re talking fairness, I think you gotta suck it up...if the dollar was doing better against the euro, would you lower prices? Prolly not...so the fair thing for now would be to leave it as is and hope things get better.
    Besides, things in the US suck big time right now. Raising prices is certainly not going to win you any popularity contests on top of everything else we\'re dealing with since our economy has gotten so bad that it\'s not even down the tubes anymore. It\'s officially in the cesspool thanks to our nonexistent economic policy.
    But that\'s just my opinion. In the end, do what ya gotta do.
    -Hudson

Hey Hudson,

Yes it is a major problem because no matter what we do we will loose strenght of competiton compared to US developers and loose money.

If we raise the price - we will loose sales.
    If we don\'t - we\'ll lose 15% of each sale... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But a way to see it is like this - low dollar price means bad world economy - and then it\'s not just the right time to set up prices right?

So for now I will keep the prices as they are - European customers can consider this as an extra discount of 15%... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hope you americans can soon start to \"believe\" again - what are you waiting for? What will it take to get the faith back in your opinion?

Every day I think about how fatal 9/11 was to the world... what a tragic day.

But we gotta move on - I must just make even better products now [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I am probably the king of morons but isn\'t your website asking $250 for Europe?

----------
    Alex Moron

Hey Alex,

Yes - but this is due to the 25% danish VAT I have to put on to Customers comming from EU countries.

On the positive side, that currency change makes Euro products 15% cheaper for the US market to buy - which gives you an advantage over the US based manufacturers. If you\'re not buying US exports with your Euros, that\'s not such a bad situation...

What is actually the problem [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ? If European costumers pay for a product of you, they pay exactly the same price as Americans. That has nothing to do with the difference in currencies.

Ok Luigi here is an example:

At Christmas time 2002 a sample Library sold at $199 would give me:

199 * 7,5 = 1492,50 Danish Kroner.

Now the same $199.00 gives me:

199 * 6,3 = 1253,70 Danish Kroner.

So pr. library I loose: 238,80 Dkr. (about 18%)

And the problem is that the US Market will not \"feel\" this discount as they will not have to exchange dollars to Ero or other currency. So this \"discount\" doesn\'t give me any advantage in US market (which is the biggest) - just less money.

Now US devlopers gets the advantage that their products are now 15% cheaper outside US - but they don\'t loose any money sice they don\'t have to exchange their dollars.

This is why Europe is suffering just now - because if they raise their products will be more expensive than their US competitors.

Here the situation is that they must raise their price beacause of the low dollar to get the same money as before. Raising the prices will affect sales dramatically and people will bey cheaper US products instead.

So there is NO advantage for European devlopers - no matter how you turn it...

Danish kroner? They have the Euro as well, so I don\'t understand why you are speaking of Danish Kroner.

>>>What is actually the problem ? If European costumers pay for a product, they pay exactly the same price as Americans. That has nothing to do with the difference in currencies.<<<

That\'s true. But Scarbee is offering the product for e.g. 199 USD, which means that he is getting just 171 EUR, because the dollar is so low at the moment. If you change the currency in the web-shop, all prices are re-calculated according to the current dollar-rate - and that\'s the problem. It doesn\'t matter for someone in the USA and it\'s very comfortable for a buyer in a EURO-country. But really bad for the developers in Europe.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast