• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yellowtools pure drums anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Yellowtools pure drums anyone?

Hi there,

i´m considering the above mentioned library. I already own wizoo mixtended drumkit library which nearly has the same approach but is lacking a nice brushed kit unfortuntaly. From the demo i heard on the yellowtools site it sounded well produced but also quite clinical and cold in a way. I think, as far as brushed kits go, they should sound kinda vintage.

Can anyone who is using that library comment on that?

Cheers

Re: Yellowtools pure drums anyone?

Hello,

I have them and use them quite often..
    You are right, they are extremly clinical and cold and compressed.

Out of the box they definetly don\'t have vintage sound...
    But when you need good overproduced drums they work well.

I ussualy use the EQ and tube simulators to make them a bit more real...

AlEx

Thanks for your reply lex.
    So if my first impression seems to be true, can anyone recommend a good (it should be a multichannel or at least have real ambience ) brushed kit which sounds less technocratical?

\"Purrrfect Brushes\"

www.studiocat.com

Kip

Kip, I love the drum sounds on your MP3 demoes, particularly the jazz numbers- are those Purrfect Drums? By the way, you proved me wrong: I never liked Bosendorfers for jazz work, but yours sounds magnificent. I will be ordering one soon.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ray Lindsley:
    Kip, I love the drum sounds on your MP3 demoes, particularly the jazz numbers- are those Purrfect Drums? By the way, you proved me wrong: I never liked Bosendorfers for jazz work, but yours sounds magnificent. I will be ordering one soon.
    Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ray,

Thank you for your compliments!

Over 90% of the drums on the mp3 demos of our web site are Jim Roseberry\'s \"Purrrfect Drums.\" The only exceptions are a few sampled snares that Donnie Christian of DS Soundware provided me with along with the brushes on \"Falling In Love With Love\" jazz waltz.

I have Jim\'s \"Purrrfect Brushes\" but have not yet had the opportunity to check them out.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum