• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Thomas Scarbee and other Bass Developers...

Share/Bookmark

Question for Thomas Scarbee and other Bass Developers...

Hey Thomas, Just wondering if you\'ve started work on your fretless library yet and if so, do you have an idea of when it will be out?

In the meantime, does anyone have a good low cost suggestion?

Thanks!

J-

Re: Question for Thomas Scarbee and other Bass Developers...

Round wound strings pleeeeeaaaase...

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Hey Thomas, Just wondering if you\'ve started work on your fretless library yet and if so, do you have an idea of when it will be out?

In the meantime, does anyone have a good low cost suggestion?

Thanks!

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Now you got Trilogy - I guess you\'re ok then..

Yea, Trilogy is really cool, but I\'ll still buy yours when it comes out. I really dig your sound for a lot of applications [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Yea, Trilogy is really cool, but I\'ll still buy yours when it comes out. I really dig your sound for a lot of applications [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well in that case... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks. No doubt that Trilogy has taken a lot of the bass market - it is really great and it is well deserved. But it leaves only a little space for developers like myself and therefore I have to pick my instruments with great care now - to stay in business. Since I have already invested in an expensive Fretless bass and some extra stuff - I will make it some day - still it has to sell more than just a couple, cos it will take a long time and a lot of energy to do.

Well, with Trilogy on the market I would certainly understand if you chose not to develop the Fretless, but honestly I\'d really like it. Sometimes the my Scarbee bass is just the sound i want. I don\'t know why. I just like it. And for what it\'s worth, before I got trilogy, Scarbee is all I used for over a year! I\'ve certainly got my money\'s worth and I have a lot of respect for you as a developer.

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    While I have trilogy and really like it, the first electric bass I go to is the Scarbee basses. they just sit in the tracks so well and have personality.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed. I did a real rock thing last night that the Trilogy elec. Bass worked really well in, but have done so many tracks with my Scarbee Bass, and my kick and bass just sit well together.

Which library has the best fretless bass? Trilogy...or?

Well, I bought Trilogy because it\'s got some great basses. One of which is a fretless bass. Scarbee doesn\'t have a Fretless. So, for me Trilogy is the only option. I\'ve never loved a bass library before Scarbees, so I know his fretless will be great. Until then, it\'s trilogy.

I use Trilogy a lot - BUT I STILL want (& am saving the $ to get) Thomas\' Basses for Halion... every time I listen to Sharmy\'s demo, my jaw drops.

And a Scarbee Fretless as good as those basses? Oh hell yes!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sincerely,

x$, the money-no-object-giddly giga-grabbing guy, soon to be living & making music under an interstate ramp near you

Go Back to forum