• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

Share/Bookmark

SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

I was just wanting people\'s opinions of the 2 sound libraries. I really need to get some quailty brass sounds into my compositions.

I have listerned to all the demos i can from both libraries and i\'m leaning towards SAM horns. However SAM horns has only samples from a french horn. Would this be a problem. Or will I love it so much i\'ll buy SAM trombones and trumpets when it comes out? However i don\'t think i\'ll have the money to outlay on all these sample cds.

I write music of many styles mainly based in film/game scoring. From action packed to slow romantic.

Please can people give there opinions on both these libraries. Do you have any or both of these?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Also can anyone recommend a percussion sample cd or library to buy. I have downloaded many demos and have found none that i really like enough to buy. Need BIG drum and timpai sounds as well as bongo sounds. Even sounds of metal and bells sounding. Full range of mainly natural percussion sounds. But really anything that sounds great.

Re: SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

Or will I love it so much i\'ll buy SAM trombones and trumpets when it comes out?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You certainly will [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Oh yes, and concerning the percussions, you know Tob\'s site? High quality percussion with natural ambience and for free [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    http://62.13.11.115/gtown/
    Markus.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ok, last thing - did you see the free trumpets and free timpani on the SAM site?
    Markus.

Hey there, if it helps you decide at all. Ive just ordered the Composers Bundle from the SAM site. Should be here in a few days. Check out the price on the bundle... about 240 Euro\'s. Which works out to 380.00 Canadian for me.

But its still an amazing deal for what your getting.

SAM Horns, Bones and Solo Horn.

I cant wait... really.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi.

BoB are solo instruments and SAM are ensamble ones. Really, SAM horns are probably the reason why noone cares about making horn ensamble samples right now. SAM just killed that market with their product... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes, they are a competitor, but they sound soooo good!

The reason that I made BoB was to give people an oportunity to buy solo-brass at a nice price and use it together with other sample libraries, (they work pretty well on their own though....)
    My suggestion is therefore: By both SAM and Bob. They work very well together. In fact, Project SAM uses some BoB brass on their demos! Both libraries are in the pricerange that you probably can afford them both and by mixing them, you can get a plethoria of sounds!

Thanks for the replys guys. It looks like i\'ll be ordering the SAM horns bundle and the SAM trombones. As well as the Garritan Orchestal stings lite. http://www.mtlc.net have some great prices.

Also Markus thanks for the link to some free giga samples. I\'ve downloaded a few and they are really great. It shouldn\'t be hard to find places for these samples in songs right away. Thanks heaps!

Go Back to forum