• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "cold call"

Share/Bookmark

"cold call"

Hello again!
    Well, I am back with "COLD CALL", an animated melodrama based on a huge asteroid about to clobber planet Earth.
    I have been working on it since last weekend!!!! It is longer than average and has a variety of music, of course. I did use quite a number of Garritan voices, Solo Cello #2, Steinway Basic grand, the Celeste, muted Lush sting section #1, Timpani, Cymbals and some of the Bass section AG and the Contra Bassoon solo #1. I also used some of the Full Strings from the Vita player which originally came from East/West.
    As well, there are some audio samples and percussion/drum tracks, guitar power chords and so on, most of those voices came with the basic version of Magix Music Maker.
    I am using various computer generated speaking voices for the dialogue.
    I read Randy's post about "Summer Festival", I confess to being one of those who post fairly regularly, but don't review much of what others post. I will try harder to do more of that!

Thank you!
    sd cisco

Re: "cold call"

Wow, sd - Quite a production. All put together just since last weekend?!--that seems like super fast work to me!

Really fun, with the computer generated dialogue, cool animation, atmospheric bed of music. Really fun.

Dramatically - a little anticlimactic it seemed, with all the long speeches, then the danger is taken care of in the last few seconds--?

But it's still great fun - AND glad you've jumped into the first official day of The Listening Room Summer Festival! Thanks.

Yeeeeeeah, do take that last bit you quoted from me to heart. If we have time to put up posts and look for replies, then a few minutes a day also gives us time to enjoy the rest of the music here and the chance to support our fellow Forum members with some replies.

Thanks, Sd - Keep it coming!

P.S. - And Instant Orchestra would indeed be right up your alley! I actually thought you already had that - I noticed your response on Jim's thread. Get yourself IO!

Randy

Hello sdcisco, glad to see you again! This is certainly not typically something I would see in the Listening Room, but I am happy you posted it. I am actually quite impressed with the voice generation. Though there is certainly the unmistakable computerized side to it, there are some really good inflections that sound natural. Much better than when I first heard plain-text to audio attempts years ago

I know how much time it takes to go into animation, and the fact that you have been working on this only since last weekend is certainly impressive! I would agree with Randy that the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but perhaps this could be interpreted as an ironic melodrama, eh?

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Wow, sd - Quite a production. All put together just since last weekend?!--that seems like super fast work to me!

Really fun, with the computer generated dialogue, cool animation, atmospheric bed of music. Really fun.

Dramatically - a little anticlimactic it seemed, with all the long speeches, then the danger is taken care of in the last few seconds--?

But it's still great fun - AND glad you've jumped into the first official day of The Listening Room Summer Festival! Thanks.

Yeeeeeeah, do take that last bit you quoted from me to heart. If we have time to put up posts and look for replies, then a few minutes a day also gives us time to enjoy the rest of the music here and the chance to support our fellow Forum members with some replies.

Thanks, Sd - Keep it coming!

P.S. - And Instant Orchestra would indeed be right up your alley! I actually thought you already had that - I noticed your response on Jim's thread. Get yourself IO!

Randy
    Thank you Randy!
    I wondered if the ending to "Cold Call" might seem too abrupt, to some. But, it does build to that point, and it was the building up to it that constitutes the substance of this short film. I thought about some post near-miss type dialogue, ticker-tape parades, more speech's, he says to the group, "what do you say we all go out for a drink, I'm buying". Randy, don't forget who's playing God here, I could have had the thing clobber Earth, set everything on fire, big explosions, everything is dead, one of those Extinction Level Events. Instead, I was a merciful God! All I can say is, it was the journey, not the destination.

Thanks again for the free rein!!
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello sdcisco, glad to see you again! This is certainly not typically something I would see in the Listening Room, but I am happy you posted it. I am actually quite impressed with the voice generation. Though there is certainly the unmistakable computerized side to it, there are some really good inflections that sound natural. Much better than when I first heard plain-text to audio attempts years ago

I know how much time it takes to go into animation, and the fact that you have been working on this only since last weekend is certainly impressive! I would agree with Randy that the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but perhaps this could be interpreted as an ironic melodrama, eh?

Thanks for sharing!
    Hi again, Michael!
    Thank you for your remarks! Please see my explanation to Randy regarding the ending of "Cold Call", to save repeating myself on that. I agree the computer generated voices are getting better, someone should buy Stephen Hawkings one of these! I think he still uses "Microsoft Sam"!
    I am getting faster at my animation creation workflow, iClone 5 PRO does more than previous software I've used and of course computers are faster and more robust. Coupled with the musical production, all-in, making such films is utterly engrossing and pre-occupying, to the point that I hardly come up for air! 14 - 17 intense hours a day and multi tasking my way through the multi-media! Just the thing I was born and bred to do, I am sure!!

Thanks again, more to come!

sd cisco

The projects you're doing are so cool, Sd.

You're branching out into cinematic storytelling with this video, and that's why I want to encourage you to look at your scripts under a strong, critical microscope. I'm giving you my honest reaction as an audience member - that this video was fun to watch, but was long on dialogue and too scant on drama.

This particular production is in the science fiction genre. Think of the strong sci-fi films which tell stories of this sort. There will be scenes of exposition where we get to know characters, and get a clear understanding of the situation involved. Then the dramatic pay off is the unfolding of the events that all the exposition was leading up to.

Without the Adventure part of a sci fi film, audiences would be disappointed. No matter how sophisticated the story is during the first half of rising action, there just has to be a big, exciting roller coaster ride through the situation that the first half of the movie set up. Close calls, unexpected obstacles, maybe the death of a character we've gotten to know, and all done in a way so that a happy ending isn't the only possible conclusion - Maybe the world really will be destroyed!

It's my lifetime of theatre experience that's inspiring my response, Sd. I think what you're doing is great. I just am hoping to inspire you to work your scripts more so you can go past this more static approach of having long "talking heads" segments with the promise of an exciting climax which never really arrives.

Offered only with the hopes of being encouraging.

Thanks again for the fun post!

Randy

SD! What a fantastic idea. My god this is one heck of a project. The supporting music seemed just right. Its hard to believe that you were able to put the animation and the music together with such a nice result. (I really do believe it.)
    I have never seen something like this. It is definitely a welcome post. Thanks for the share. Jay

Glad that "it is over".... no end of the world. So we have another sunday. Nice doing and great music.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The projects you're doing are so cool, Sd.

You're branching out into cinematic storytelling with this video, and that's why I want to encourage you to look at your scripts under a strong, critical microscope. I'm giving you my honest reaction as an audience member - that this video was fun to watch, but was long on dialogue and too scant on drama.

This particular production is in the science fiction genre. Think of the strong sci-fi films which tell stories of this sort. There will be scenes of exposition where we get to know characters, and get a clear understanding of the situation involved. Then the dramatic pay off is the unfolding of the events that all the exposition was leading up to.

Without the Adventure part of a sci fi film, audiences would be disappointed. No matter how sophisticated the story is during the first half of rising action, there just has to be a big, exciting roller coaster ride through the situation that the first half of the movie set up. Close calls, unexpected obstacles, maybe the death of a character we've gotten to know, and all done in a way so that a happy ending isn't the only possible conclusion - Maybe the world really will be destroyed!

It's my lifetime of theatre experience that's inspiring my response, Sd. I think what you're doing is great. I just am hoping to inspire you to work your scripts more so you can go past this more static approach of having long "talking heads" segments with the promise of an exciting climax which never really arrives.

Offered only with the hopes of being encouraging.

Thanks again for the fun post!

Randy
    Well, thanks again, appreciate your "coaching" efforts. You know I have more than just 2 rabbits in my hat, I am going to post a 3rd movie in 1 day, just because it's Saturday Night!

....soon,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    SD! What a fantastic idea. My god this is one heck of a project. The supporting music seemed just right. Its hard to believe that you were able to put the animation and the music together with such a nice result. (I really do believe it.)
    I have never seen something like this. It is definitely a welcome post. Thanks for the share. Jay
    Thanks again, Jay! It is great to put these things in front of people, I think I am vey grateful for the You Tube entity, and it's ease of use, not to mention FREE!!

take care!
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast