• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Listening Room Summer Festival!

Share/Bookmark

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The Listening Room Summer Festival!

As Jack Webb would say ...

"... Bummmm-Da-Bum-BUMP"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    As Jack Webb would say ...

"... Bummmm-Da-Bum-BUMP"
    You can say that again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    You can say that again ...
    For every engineering problem there's an engineering solution: sticky stuff!

Best,

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Former Duck®Tape engineer

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    For every engineering problem there's an engineering solution: sticky stuff!

Best,

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Former Duck®Tape engineer
    Love it, Davd! Hahahaha ... you old duct tape engineer you! Yes, the equivalent of a bigger hammer: stickier stuff! No more things that need to go bump in the night .

Frank

5/29/13 update:

In case people will get auto-email alerts about a new posts on these two "Summer Festival" threads (one in General Discussion, one in The Listening Room) I'm adding a new message 10 months after the threads started.

It's great that these threads became "sticky posts" last year. Now it would be nice if the subject line could be edited, because what was originally agreed upon as a "Summer Festival" has never ended, and is actually an open-ended event. The purpose of the festival was/is about a re-working of the guidelines for posting music.

Some people are still catching up to the concept that the primary purpose of The Listening Room now is simply to share our music with each other, regardless of the sound sources used in the recordings. The "guidelines" are now even more all-encompassing than originally outlined in these festival posts.

The posting rate has slowed down again, and that's what inspired me to freshen up these old threads with this new post. I want to spell a few things out, hoping it will encourage more activity:

--Ideally, the majority of posts in The Listening Room will still use "...some of the sounds of our libraries..." as Gary Garritan originally requested. I listen to everything posted and can attest to how the majority of posts still do use at least some Garritan instruments.

--BUT, if someone has music they'd like to post which doesn't include ANY Garritan instruments, they can still do that rather than miss out on getting feedback from their fellow Forum members.

--If a piece uses any non-Garritan sound sources, either in part or in totality, the one simple request is, as DPDAN suggested, that those instruments/sounds be listed in the initial starting post of a thread. That way there's no confusion as to what we're listening to. If a piece, for instance, features a violin soloist from a different company, it shouldn't be up to the listeners to post the question, "What violin did you use?" - That should be clearly listed in the first place.

--The other simple request is that if we post music in The Listening Room, we also listen and respond to other people's music. Reciprocating like that helps keep the traffic flowing on the Forum, and helps maintain the community spirit Gary G. originally intended for this Forum. I've observed that I'm not the only member who becomes less inclined to post responses to music posted by members who consistently post music, but don't listen to other people's music.

THE MAIN POINT - What was called a "Summer Festival" last year should be thought of as a party that never stops, a concert with infinite movements, as a "Garritan Renaissance Festival" which is maintained year round regardless of the season.

Hope to hear more music soon!

Randy

I'll see if I've got anything worthwhile.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

A nice invitation I will for sure follow up and torture my fellow forum members with my music as soon as I got something worthwhile to post.
    Thanks Randy

Ted

This is the Miles Davis song "So What" using JABB, drums are collected samples in Cubase Groove Agent, trumpet and sax from Sample Modelling in Italy. I used Cubase vari-audio to convert the Davis solo into midi - really to see if it worked - quite pleased with the result. The other solos are sort of Coleman Hawkins and Cannonball Adderley

https://www.box.com/s/9k0w6yte35lckdb3xx8k
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    This is the Miles Davis song "So What"...
    Wow, Derek! This is fabulous- and fascinating, especially with the info that you captured the audio of Davis to generate a MIDI file--NIIIICe!

NOW---Important!--- Please post this in The Listening Room on its own thread so people can find it! This is just the sticky post thread about the new LR guidelines - Not much chance of people hearing your incredible work buried on this thread. SO - hope to see this up soon where people can discover it!

Thanks much, Derek.

Randy

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast