• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Strange behavior in Aria 1.5

Share/Bookmark

Strange behavior in Aria 1.5

I am using the new Convolution Reverb with some of my EWI tracks and I am observing a weird behavior.

If I use both the CC1 (Wheel) and Channel Aftertouch (for vibrato) at the same time, then the Reverb (CC 91) randomly resets to zero. If I take out the Channel Aftertouch, then the reverb works correctly and stays put.

Is anyone else seeing something like this? I am using JABB3 library instruments (Alto, Tenor, Trumpet) and they all have the problem.

Jim

Re: Strange behavior in Aria 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I am using the new Convolution Reverb with some of my EWI tracks and I am observing a weird behavior.

If I use both the CC1 (Wheel) and Channel Aftertouch (for vibrato) at the same time, then the Reverb (CC 91) randomly resets to zero. If I take out the Channel Aftertouch, then the reverb works correctly and stays put.

Is anyone else seeing something like this? I am using JABB3 library instruments (Alto, Tenor, Trumpet) and they all have the problem.

Jim
    Odd! Chad needs to see this - I'll alert him about the post.

Randy

Also, my EWI USB configuration window does not render. So, I cannot change my EWI USB settings via the UI as I used to. If you have the EWI USB, at this point, I would not recommend installing Aria 1.500 until Garritan/MakeMusic says it is safe to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Odd! Chad needs to see this - I'll alert him about the post.

Randy
    Another bit of the mystery...If I play my EWI directly into the player and set the Reverb to say 50%, the same problem happens where the Reverb (CC 91) goes back to zero. So, it is clear that the Channel Aftertouch and CC 91 have a weird interaction. What appears to be happening is that when the aftertouch falls off at a certain rate, the CC91 get reset to zero.

Also, my EWI USB configuration window does not render. So, I cannot change my EWI USB settings via the UI as I used to. If you have the EWI USB, at this point, I would not recommend installing Aria 1.500 until Garritan/MakeMusic says it is safe to do so.
    I've alerted Chad about this thread, Jim. As the main programmer for ARIA, we need to see what he says. Maybe there's something he can pass on that will remedy this - or maybe you've discovered problems he doesn't know about yet. Hope he sees all of this soon.

Randy

Jim
    Hi Jim,

I was able to reproduce the issue you described. I've forwarded it to Support/Plogue so they are aware and looking at this issue.

It seems as though it only happens if Aftertouch reaches or passes thru the values of 90-91, so if you keep aware of those values in your MIDI editing you can work around the FX SEND reset for the time being.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Reproduced.

Will be fixed in the update 1.504 update I'm prepping.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Reproduced.

Will be fixed in the update 1.504 update I'm prepping.
    I am glad you were able to reproduce this so quickly. Hopefully, the description I left made it easy to find. Being a developer myself, I know how hard this can be.

Will the EWI USB problems also be fixed in this update? If it was not clear from the previous postings, the EWI USB configuration dialog opens but is blank when using Aria 1.500.

So far I'm really liking the new version of Aria. Only thing I'm still bumping up against in Finale '11 (which I use) is any music file I've created in which I have a pizz or arco articulation in the strings is not recognized. Now, strangely enough, if I create a new file the articulations work fine. I'm baffled by this. I can create a work-around to fix this, but that would only be for a final recording and definitely not for a final print.

I haven't had time to explore this further as yet and I haven't posted this on the MakeMusic forum (my next step). Any thoughts anyone?
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    ...any music file I've created in which I have a pizz or arco articulation in the strings is not recognized...
    Gary, I think this topic has been piggy-backed on two threads with other topics now. Why not post it as a new thread so people have a chance to see it?

Randy

Go Back to forum