• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Some music theory help

Share/Bookmark

Some music theory help

OK.. question. I have a piece that starts off with an inverted Bb minor chord (inverted to F-Bb-Db). How can I figure out a good chord or chord progression that would lead into that? I would need a chord that would be tense, and resolve nicely to the inverted Bb minor chord. Any ideas?

Here\'s the clip, for reference:

http://www.samhulick.com/ARPG_1.0.mp3

Re: Some music theory help

All right, as most of you know, I know zilch about theory. But for some reason, I think this might work:

Fmaj inverted (G-C-F), and then the beginning of the mp3 above (Bb min inverted - F-Bb-Db). Maybe there are tons of possible resolutions.. is this one of them?

F-Bb-Db is in the 6/4 position of the chord.

The transition to it is Eb-A-C assuming and F-Ped..

Alan Russell

Yeah. Eb-A-C sounds good. What\'s F-Ped?

Sam Hull... Hick...

I dont know if I am the only one here, but I am beginning to get a little, just a little tired of your endless rows of questions and selfpromotion. What will be the next? Should I go 120 BPM or 121 BPM? Should I transpose this number 1 semi down? Do you feel that the EQ on the snaredrum played at 1:21 is a little too dry?

Honestly... Try use your... Well... The thing you are supposed to think with! This is not music theory at all. Its spamming!

Love - Chris

Just do what sounds good. Dont think about theory. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sam, you have made some great progress and I think you are on the right track. I think it takes a lot of guts to put your music on the line in this ultra-critical group, so you have my admiration. Any others who don\'t like what you have to say or do, well, there is your name plain as day, and they can ignore you if they wish. And you can do the same with them. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Sam Hull... Hick...

I dont know if I am the only one here, but I am beginning to get a little, just a little tired of your endless rows of questions and selfpromotion. What will be the next? Should I go 120 BPM or 121 BPM? Should I transpose this number 1 semi down? Do you feel that the EQ on the snaredrum played at 1:21 is a little too dry?

Honestly... Try use your... Well... The thing you are supposed to think with! This is not music theory at all. Its spamming!

Love - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you do not like it, don\'t reply child. Last I recalled this is \"General Discussion,\" so the topic is pertinent. I hold nothing against Sam for wanting to further better his music, even if it the threads are adding up. He\'s not the only artist posting links to new music, so why single him out?

Spamming? And you\'re the person to talk about this? \"Nick you\'re awesome! When\'s the library coming out?!\" \"I want to be a demo composer for the library Doug!\" \"How\'s the library coming Doug?\" \"Any news on the library yet?\" \"The library\'s going to rock Nick! When\'s it going to be available?\"

Frankly, you\'re about as two-faced as they come. Kiss-up to the developers and be hateful to the users and composers? Sorry, but that just doesn\'t work. \"This isn\'t music theory at all?\" Define music theory, as the last I called chordwork *IS* music theory.

Sam, I think he means F an octave lower then Eb. I would personally use a D instead of an F, but it\'s up to you.

Gee... welcome back Lewis.

I see you are in your usual fine form. So you didn\'t get banned after the \"Brucing\" incident?

Pity.....

Sam, have you considered private composition lessons? It will really augment your skills and natural talent nicely. You should check in with some local music schools and give it a try. Very helpful.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast