• Register
  • Help

Topic: Performance and composition related: Chords or lines?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Performance and composition related: Chords or lines?

Most of the writers on this forum who are getting realistic results tend to enter the lines individually. (These are the same guys who \'ride\' the expression pedal throughout a part.)

If notation is a problem, perhaps you could sketch the part out on one sequencer track with a sympathetic instrument, then play the parts in individually, using the sketch as a memory guide...

Performance and composition related: Chords or lines?

Hi All.

Out of curiosity, What methods do any of you use for performing compositions from giga? Do you Select a \'Generic Brass\' or \'generic strings\' patch, play it in as a block chord and then split it into individual instruments and ranges later, or do you notate the whole damn thing using good old pencil and manuscript and then play lines in to the sequencer to get a more expressive performance?

Cheers

Rich B

Re: Performance and composition related: Chords or lines?

Rich B, I notate my pieces in Sibelius then I use sequencer to record it to audio.

Btw. I\'m one of a few, I think, here which don\'t use keyboard for note input. I use my mouse, yes I know a lot of clicks. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum