• Register
  • Help

Topic: CP80 Poll

Share/Bookmark

CP80 Poll

Would there be any interest for a sampled Yamaha CP80?

Re: CP80 Poll

A very niche market that.
    It\'s a pretty unique (isn\'t that a kind way of putting it!) piano sound...

Of course, if you NEEDED a CP80 sound, where else would you get it?

I would love to have a C3PO sound! It would be a blast....what phrases would you sample? My favourites would be:

\"Uh, I\'m quite sure you\'ll be very pleased with that one, sir. He really is in first-class condition. I\'ve worked with him before.\"

or

\"He says he\'s found the main computer to power the tractor beam that\'s holding the ship here. He\'ll try to make the precise location appear on the monitor. \"

or

\"And I am See-Threepio, human-cyborg relations, and this is my counterpart, Artoo-Detoo.\"

and of course

\"We\'re doomed!\"

Thank you for looking into the often overlooked niche market of us Star Wars sample geeks!

Originally posted by midphase:
    I would love to have a C3PO sound! It would be a blast....what phrases would you sample? My favourites would be:

\"Uh, I\'m quite sure you\'ll be very pleased with that one, sir. He really is in first-class condition. I\'ve worked with him before.\"

or

\"He says he\'s found the main computer to power the tractor beam that\'s holding the ship here. He\'ll try to make the precise location appear on the monitor. \"

or

\"And I am See-Threepio, human-cyborg relations, and this is my counterpart, Artoo-Detoo.\"

and of course

\"We\'re doomed!\"

Thank you for looking into the often overlooked niche market of us Star Wars sample geeks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I simply can\'t resist.

\"I see you point, sir. I suggest a new stategy, Artoo. Let the Wookie win.\"

\"Don\'t get technical with me.\"

\"Excuse me, sir, but that R2 unit is in prime condition. A real bargain.\"

\"Shutting up, sir.\"

------------
    Alex Cremers

And may The Force be with you......... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hi Worra
    I am in desperate need of a good Yam CP80 gigasample. The free one on this site is pretty darn good, but if you can do a better one I\'ll buy it immediately!!!
    Such a wonderful instrument. Saw Peter Gabriel live the other night - he appears to have ditched his CP for a Korg Triton :-(

Bump....

Multivelocity (8 up 8 down) releasesamples. I\'m thinking about sampling it before the preamp.
    Could be fun! Price will be right, I\'m sure.....

Personally, I think that would be a huge amount of overkill. There\'s not much variation in the tone of that instrument from loud to soft.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m surprised you say that - my best friend has a CP70 that I play regularly - when amplified, it has a huge amount of dynamic contrast (albeit less than a standard piano). 8 layers sounds right to me.

Steve

Go Back to forum