• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: email from makemusic

Share/Bookmark

email from makemusic

Hej guys

I just received an email from makemusic, telling me to log on to my new account with them. there were links provided...but I never click on email links...

when I wrote the following url in; www.finalemusic.com/Support/Garritan.aspx
    I came to the new support pages...but when I followed the email instructions to write in my email there, it wasnt accepted..so how do I follow these steps:To view your account, please use your current email address to log in to your MakeMusic account and create your password now. Please remember that passwords are case-sensitive. Garritan support is now available through www.finalemusic.com/Support/Garritan.aspx ?

Do I make a new account? Or is this email not kosher?
    cheers all

sakari
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Re: email from makemusic

The email is kosher. I logged into my account using the change password link.

The old Garritan store is no longer available so all sales, support and account information is now with Makemusic.

I've got a similar email but mine just told me that the Garritan products I use are now taken care of at MakeMusic's site. (I already registered and created an account with MakeMusic before, having purchased Finale PrintMusic.)

I'm assuming that you've never registered with MakeMusic before?

I just had the same email and a similar experience, but on second try with a different email address that I must have used for the Garritan account, their system recognized it and gave me the option to have a temporary password sent to that address. After logging in with it, I was able to change password. So, yes, I'd say the email is kosher.

But my products are not listed in the account, probably because I haven't upgraded to Aria versions, and my product information is still at Native Instruments. So I'm wondering: what will now be the mechanism for upgrading to Aria?

Thx for any advice, -Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rkl122 View Post
    I just had the same email and a similar experience, but on second try with a different email address that I must have used for the Garritan account, their system recognized it and gave me the option to have a temporary password sent to that address. After logging in with it, I was able to change password. So, yes, I'd say the email is kosher.

But my products are not listed in the account, probably because I haven't upgraded to Aria versions, and my product information is still at Native Instruments. So I'm wondering: what will now be the mechanism for upgrading to Aria?

Thx for any advice, -Ron
    Only ARIA registrations have been moved to Makemusic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    Only ARIA registrations have been moved to Makemusic.
    Thanks, and I see they do have the Aria upgrade options available on the MakeMusic site. I assume the same (Native Instruments) serial numbers apply and will be valid....?

Quote Originally Posted by rkl122 View Post
    Thanks, and I see they do have the Aria upgrade options available on the MakeMusic site. I assume the same (Native Instruments) serial numbers apply and will be valid....?
    Yes, you can upgrade using the NI serial numbers as you could on Garritan.com to the Aria versions. For anyone still on the Kontakt versions of the library, you can create a new account on finalemusic.com to contact support, etc. Product registration will still be handled via the NI Service Center as before.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

If anyone encounters any problems, our support team can assist. If you're unable to access your account, we're available at the contact information page below (Finale support will get you to the Garritan options as well):

http://www.makemusic.com/Company/Contacts.aspx

We'll be updating our sites as we continue the transition. This is just the first step to bring everything in.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Has there been any press release or *official* word about the future of Garritan after being bought out by Makemusic? I know they had products in the works years ago, but there hasn't been any word in months, and even the acquisition came as a bit of a surprise when that happened a while back.

Will Garritan still be developing independent products, or will they just be working on pack-in products with Finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    ...Will Garritan still be developing independent products, or will they just be working on pack-in products with Finale?
    ----um, didn't you notice the big news here at General Discussion today? The Garritan Pipe Organ Library has been released, something that was started in development before partnering with MakeMusic. There's an example that, yes, Garritan is still developing new products. Others are already in the Beta stage.

Randy

Go Back to forum