• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help ... if you can?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Please help ... if you can?

... I dont understand either. I have a Triton and changing channels are pointless when using external sounds.

Ed

Maybe it\'s just my dumb why of doing things? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I usually switch the channel from the
    keyboard so I don\'t play the other channels? Maybe I\'ve been doing this bassakwards?

How would I play channel 7 if the keyboard defaults to channel 1? I\'m not too swift.... [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe I need to re-read midi 101....

Thanks guys!

I\'ve got the same keyboard - went from an Alesis QS8 to it - and it\'s night and day. Don\'t go back to an Alesis - the action on the Studiologic is great. I don\'t really think it matters what channel your controller is on. Your just sending notes to whatever channel is selected in your sequencer. I use Logic, I\'m sure DP is the same - whatever midi track or audio inst. I have selected receives whatever I\'m playing on the keyboard. Unless I don\'t understand the question either, I would stay with what you\'ve got.

Jeff

Ok, I\'m straight... thanks guys! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

just another dumb surfer [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW... who took one of my stars???? Sorry for whatever I did..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Please help ... if you can?

This is my situation:

I recently bought the \"Studiologic 990 pro\" and while it has 88 keys for cheap, it doesn\'t have a
    way to switch the channels (which seems kinda pointless) unless I\'m missing something?

So it\'s obvious that I need to spend more money to get this feature. Anyone know of a
    keyboard that has 88 keys and the option to switch midi channels... for under a grand? I\'m
    thinking of getting the Alesis QS8.2, only because it\'s cheap. I don\'t really care if the action is
    perfect (I\'m not a piano player)....

Any ideas for others to take a look at, or reasons why I \"shouldn\'t\" get the QS8.2?

Thanks!

Go Back to forum