• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ariaengine.com?

Share/Bookmark

ariaengine.com?

On the Finale forums I learned that version 1.5 of the aria engine comes with the latest Finale 2012 update (b). I haven't bought 2012 yet but wondered if I could get the new version only to find it's not available under my account on garritan.biz AND if I try to go to ariaengine.com I get a database connection error.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Re: ariaengine.com?

Hi, Steve - I just got through writing a long post on this topic, and right after I posted, I saw your new thread. My post #10 on this thread is about ARIA:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ay-disappeared

Meanwhile, I'm surprised to hear ARIA 1.5 is available with that Finale update. That's the version number of ARIA still being tested, and soon to be released. It is an awkward transition period, with this major update to ARIA and several Garritan Libraries going through the testing paces. I have no time table for when things will happen, but the new, highly improved ARIA really should be generally available very soon.

As I say on that thread above, when I go to my free downloads page at the Garritan.com site, I have ARIA 1.111 available, in case I need it. When you said in your post that ARIA wasn't available to you there, you meant this new version 1.5 wasn't there, right?--and that would be correct since it hasn't been released yet. - I have no idea why Finale is publicizing that their update includes 1.5 - That either means "real soon," or they have a version of 1.5 ready for distribution ahead of the Garritan Libraries.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Steve - I just got through writing a long post on this topic, and right after I posted, I saw your new thread. My post #10 on this thread is about ARIA:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ay-disappeared

Meanwhile, I'm surprised to hear ARIA 1.5 is available with that Finale update. That's the version number of ARIA still being tested, and soon to be released. It is an awkward transition period, with this major update to ARIA and several Garritan Libraries going through the testing paces. I have no time table for when things will happen, but the new, highly improved ARIA really should be generally available very soon.

As I say on that thread above, when I go to my free downloads page at the Garritan.com site, I have ARIA 1.111 available, in case I need it. When you said in your post that ARIA wasn't available to you there, you meant this new version 1.5 wasn't there, right?--and that would be correct since it hasn't been released yet. - I have no idea why Finale is publicizing that their update includes 1.5 - That either means "real soon," or they have a version of 1.5 ready for distribution ahead of the Garritan Libraries.

Randy
    That's correct Randy. Version 1.111 is available to me, but not the new version. I guess I just assumed that since a new version was bundled with the new Finale version there would be a newer version available for those that don't have that new version of Finale. But it sounds like it's forthcoming.

The news of 1.5 bundled with Finale was my inquiry of a user on the Finale forum who was discussing some of the updates.

Thanks for the info Randy.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Oh boy.... miscommunication between the new partners in sound? This forum is just at its end..... nothing new and the only thing I read is : "disappearing?" Hopefully not, Garritan was and still is my example of rather good programming in respect to the other libs I use.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    On the Finale forums I learned that version 1.5 of the aria engine comes with the latest Finale 2012 update (b). I haven't bought 2012 yet but wondered if I could get the new version only to find it's not available under my account on garritan.biz AND if I try to go to ariaengine.com I get a database connection error.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
    Hi Swinkler,

Thanks, I sent an email to Plogue about ARIAengine.com. Hopefully that will get resolved shortly.

ARIA 1.5 is included in the latest version of Finale. One of the reasons for including it now is for OSX 10.8 support (due out this summer) which changes many requirements for installers and binaries.

Best,
    Chad

Chad, one of ARIA's developers, has answered the actual questions on this thread. As of today, ARIA 1.111 is still the one generally available, and the first release version if 1.5 is now included in the Finale update.

I'm here to say that the ARIA site is back up:

ARIA Engine dot com

There's no news there, but it's another way to get the current 1.111 update and there may be other information of interest. But since this thread's subject line is about the site being down, I wanted to add the update.

Randy

I just opened my finale 2012b to check and, sure enough, there it is, a gleaming, new Aria v1.5.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

OK, I am understandably curious, Michael, as I'm still running Finale '11. What differences do you see in the new version of Aria 1.5 versus Aria 1.111 like most of us have. Thanks!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    OK, I am understandably curious, Michael, as I'm still running Finale '11. What differences do you see in the new version of Aria 1.5 versus Aria 1.111 like most of us have. Thanks!
    Here - I'll break the ice on this subject, since ARIA 1.5 is now out in the public. I'm sure the general release will be soon to follow.

SO - Michael, the ARIA you now have in Finale looks like this, eh whot? Here's the interface with a JABB Sax loaded. Under "Info" there's a nice graphic identifying which Library a given instrument is from. That's very handy for keeping track of what one has loaded in a project:

Randy

Go Back to forum