• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Using GPO 4 in Sibelius 7

Share/Bookmark

Using GPO 4 in Sibelius 7

How can I use the Aria player in Sibelius 7? It is not showing up in the list of available devices.

And I installed the sound set for GPO 4 from the Sibelius website, but it doesn't show in the Manual sound set section either.

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: Using GPO 4 in Sibelius 7

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    How can I use the Aria player in Sibelius 7? It is not showing up in the list of available devices.

And I installed the sound set for GPO 4 from the Sibelius website, but it doesn't show in the Manual sound set section either.

André
    Hej från Göte!

Did you point the Sibelius browser at GPO's folder? It is all automatic after you do that.

PLAY- SETUP -AUDIO ENGINE OPTIONS - virtual instruments and effects folder.

I say automatic, after it finds Aria and you load Aria as a device, you will get the option for GPO as sound set.
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

EDIT: Hello, Sakari! We were replying to Andre at the same time. Thanks for helping out!

André
    Hello, Andre - Long time no see. It'd be great if you dropped by more often!

How Sibelius and GPO work together seems to be a fairly common problem for people. The topic comes up now and then, both here and at the Sibelius Forum.

You do need to look through that user Forum at Sib - Several very knowledgeable users field questions on a regular basis there.

This thread I just now found at that Sib Forum may have the info you need. From the link, go to the front page of the Forum to look up more posts:

Working with GPO and Sibelius

As Robin Walker explains on that thread, things are set up to work more automatically than you expect. Here are a few apropos quotes from that thread:

"...You don't need to do anything. If you've got your playback configuration set up properly, Sibelius will just automatically assign GPO4 sounds as it needs to..."

"...You should not expect to see Aria player listed in the Instruments list. Sibelius has a concept of "instrument" which is independent of what player or sound library is chosen to play it..."

Looking through that thread and that Forum should make things clear, Andre.

Randy

with respect Randy, that was a thread about someone going quite down the wrong path, and following those steps would just lead to confusion.

André, you can ring me and I can walk you through the procedure - which worked for me at least.
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Quote Originally Posted by sakari.lindhen View Post
    with respect Randy, that was a thread about someone going quite down the wrong path, and following those steps would just lead to confusion.

André, you can ring me and I can walk you through the procedure - which worked for me at least.
    Thanks so much for helping, Sakari.

The things that are apropos on that thread are that the user thought he had to set GPO up manually, and Robin was explaining how the process of connecting GPO and Sib is more automatic than expected. I think Andre could glean some useful info there and also from looking at the Sib Forum - I just wanted to get him started.

But if you can get together on the phone - I bet you could fix him up much faster. Hope that works out!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thanks so much for helping, Sakari.

The things that are apropos on that thread are that the user thought he had to set GPO up manually, and Robin was explaining how the process of connecting GPO and Sib is more automatic than expected. I think Andre could glean some useful info there and also from looking at the Sib Forum - I just wanted to get him started.

But if you can get together on the phone - I bet you could fix him up much faster. Hope that works out!

Randy
    Hi! Yes, I didn't stop by for a long time, very bussy these days with doing transcribing work for other composers. I just finished transcribing a 1 hour long complete ballet for full orchestra in Sibelius 7, the layout looks great and now I need a good demo bounce. The sounds I use these days are the Sonivox library mixed with GPO 4 percussion and windmachine. I was able to get GPO 4 to work perfectly, it needed a Sibelius restart only. Thanks for the fast responses!

best,
    André

Hi! Yes, I didn't stop by for a long time, very bussy these days with doing transcribing work for other composers. I just finished transcribing a 1 hour long complete ballet for full orchestra in Sibelius 7, the layout looks great and now I need a good demo bounce. The sounds I use these days are the Sonivox library mixed with GPO 4 percussion and windmachine. I was able to get GPO 4 to work perfectly, it needed a Sibelius restart only. Thanks for the fast responses!

best,
    André
    Excellent news all around, Andre - That you're busily employed, and that restarting Sib fixed your GPO problem.

I think you would do well to use other GPO instruments also in your demo recording!

Randy

Excellent news all around, Andre - That you're busily employed, and that restarting Sib fixed your GPO problem.

I think you would do well to use other GPO instruments also in your demo recording!

Randy
    Hi Randy,
    I noticed that GPO loads immediatly when using as playback device with the sound sets chosen. It's really user friendly. I hassled to get the sonivox library to work already for a week even with the sound set installed, it's still not working coreclty. I think I am going to play around with GPO for a while, I always liked their sounds.

I have a little problem though. I use more instruments in the score then a single Aira device can load. I assume I have to load another Aria device so I did. But now how do I tell assign the rest of the instruments to use this device?

The woodwinds and brass are all playing back in GPO perfectly. It's the timpani, 2 percussion staves, harp and strings that need to be triggered in a new Aria device. How do I do this?

Nice to be back again!

André

Hi Randy,
    I noticed that GPO loads immediately when using as playback device...I have a little problem though. I use more instruments in the score then a single Aira device can load. I assume I have to load another Aria device so I did. But now how do I tell assign the rest of the instruments to use this device?...
    This looks like another question for Sakari - I don't have experience with Sib 7, and when questions come up about using it with Garritan instruments, I always go to the Sib Forum to see if I can find info.

Have you posted your questions at their Forum, Andre? In my experience, the experts there are quick to reply:

SIBELIUS USER FORUM

Since it turned out to be an automatic process, using GPO in Sib, I was assuming that adding as many instruments and instances of ARIA as needed would also be automatic. But, like I said, Sakari is the expert on this thread, not me!

Randy

This looks like another question for Sakari - I don't have experience with Sib 7, and when questions come up about using it with Garritan instruments, I always go to the Sib Forum to see if I can find info.

Have you posted your questions at their Forum, Andre? In my experience, the experts there are quick to reply:

SIBELIUS USER FORUM

Since it turned out to be an automatic process, using GPO in Sib, I was assuming that adding as many instruments and instances of ARIA as needed would also be automatic. But, like I said, Sakari is the expert on this thread, not me!

Randy
    Thanks, I will do that. I actually got it working correctly one time. GPO found the complete score in two devices but it got lost again. Not sure what happened.

Go Back to forum