• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Giga 3.0 Does Exist ! ! !

Share/Bookmark

Re: Giga 3.0 Does Exist ! ! !

um...at the rate Tascam is going, if they actually release it before christmas 2005, then i\'ll be excited.

If I buy Gigastudio now, I\'m not going to have to buy 3.0 when it comes out am I? It\'s just a patch for the existing program, yes? Not an entirely new one?

Judas,

my best guess is no there will not be a patch. v3.0 should be Windows based and not a Kernal based IMHO. This will be an entirely new beast possibly having 24 bit architecture in it for better sampling.

We will all have to pay for this upgrade.

JMHO and guessing here, others may differ.

Alan Russell

I also dont think it will be a patch.
    I think this will be what gigastudio was to gigasampler .
    I dont know for sure , its just the vibe Ive been getting from Joe and Dave.
    A major rewrite.
    And just like gigastudio 160 cost $149 for gigasampler users to upgrade .
    Im sure there will be a cost of upgrade from gigastudio 2.5 to 3.0
    I hope it is reasonable though.
    Anyone else want to speculate about a release date.
    Im going to throw my hat in the ring and say November/December?
    Im I on the right track Dave?

Hmmmm... and I just bought the Gigastudio Mastery CD\'s. I hope its not too much of a different animal [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

- A novice that sees no end to his novicehood
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kenn,

My best guess is for Sept 2003.

Alan Russell

Oh yeah.
    That is no secret that 3.0 is a major revision. They will obviously have a fair upgrade policy from the current version as they always have. Same for the Giga Mastery tutorials.
    We\'ll have a small upgrade fee for people who have the current one.
    The fact that 3.0 does really exist and is very cool is also no secret.
    Cheers
    Dave

The news that they\'ve got Dave and Kevin on board is very encouraging.

There\'s no doubt the developers have gone to extremes to make great software but making sure the documentation is right tells us that Tascam are very serious about \'taking care\' of us.

September would be just right. Pump 4Q revenues and open our wallets before Xmas.

I\'ve been fighting an atrophied win98 all day; this has cheered me up.

My guess would be more for Winter NAMM 2004.

If I buy Gigastudio now, I\'m not going to have to buy 3.0 when it comes out am I? It\'s just a patch for the existing program, yes? Not an entirely new one?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- When a program changes from say; 2.53 to 2.54 this is considered a patch. These are distributed for free as they are fixes for a program that you the end user has paid for. When the first number changes, e.g; 3.0 this is an entirely new animal. It is not unusual for the whole application to have been rewritten from the ground up.

The down side is that sometimes the first release can be a bit of a dog. For example; Cubase SX 1.0 and in multimedia; Director 7.0 was a completely rewritten engine from version 6. It turned out that 7.0 was a dog but 7.02 rocked. And well, SX 1.06 is almost there.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

Oh, forgot to say; the numbering system for software goes; major level, minor level, patch level

Go Back to forum