• Register
  • Help

Topic: Denny Jeager Master Violin

Share/Bookmark

Denny Jeager Master Violin

Does anyone own this library? Is it good?

Re: Denny Jeager Master Violin

I have it....it\'s very odd. All the samples were miked REALLY close, so it\'d edgey as hell. But I\'ll be darned if I don\'t sneak it in under other samples a lot of time, for that very reason.If you can find it cheap you may find some use for it, though playing sweeping string lines is out of the question, it suffers as most older libraries (and some newer) from \"That\'s a sample!\" syndrome when playing up high.

Denny\'s still with us, he\'s just doing something else at the moment.

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    Denny Jaeger was a REAL stickler for quality, and especially for the time, the quality was amazing.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just stay away from his \"Private Collection\", its biggest waste of money.

Ed

Come on fellows, even back then the Denny Yeager violins were anything but good. They are the most synthetic lifeless sterile synth-like strings I\'ve ever heard. In those days Roland had wayyyyy more beautiful samples which are still loved by many today! The only thing useful were the pizzicato sections.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Well... I also have this CD-ROM in my studio\'s collection. And, it was kinda good for it\'s time, I guess. But by today\'s standands... it sounds very \"synthy\". As mentioned above, it\'s very easy to tell that you\'re listening to samples (especially in the higher octaves). The realism (when compared with current libraries) falls short! However, IMHO...I agree that it may be usefull when it\'s kinda layered under other instruments... sorta like \"padding.\" Gary [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PS........ I\'d also like to know what happened to Denny Jeager. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Gary

Go Back to forum