Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Steinway discontinued ?

Share/Bookmark

Steinway discontinued ?

http://www.garritan.com/

Steinway discontinued ?

no support anymore ?

Re: Steinway discontinued ?

Now that's something, Olivier. It's not anywhere on the website that I can find on Garritan, either. Any moderators want to chime in here. Are we missing something? Thanks!!!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I hope Jeff chimes in on this. Is the Steinway pro piano now incorporated in another product?
    THANKS in advance.

Crikey!

I bought and downloaded the basic version only last month. The pro version wasn't available then.
    Now the Steinway is nowhere to be seen!!!

The trouble is that the market place is crowded with so many virtual pianos, sales must be difficult.
    Glad I picked up the basic version just in time.

Hi all,

Gary and I have been talking about this and the decision was made to quietly sunset the Authorized Steinway product. It's been a fantastic library, however we think its time has come in its current state.

Users who have already purchased this library will still be able to download the installer via their account (either on Garritan.com or from MakeMusic.com when the transition is made) and download the keycard to be able to activate the product.

Are we done with pianos? Absolutely not .
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Just to be clear, there's no change to support and in fact a v1.05 update is finished and awaiting synchronized release with our other products.
    The Steinway D came to end of life for a first piano version, and will be followed by the newer piano work that we've been doing - some of which we've talked about on the forum, and some of which we haven't

Thanks Jeff for reporting back. I am glad you finished 1.05. That is very nice. Continued support makes everyone feel good about buying products - because obviously they will all come to an end as new ones develop.
    Question - while the Steinway D release will come to an end - will the Steinway D be offered in a new product? Is it already in another product (orchestra, etc?) where it is just as good?
    THANKS,
    AB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Just to be clear, there's no change to support and in fact a v1.05 update is finished and awaiting synchronized release with our other products.
    The Steinway D came to end of life for a first piano version, and will be followed by the newer piano work that we've been doing - some of which we've talked about on the forum, and some of which we haven't

Hi AB
    Being part of a publicly traded company I unfortunately can't disclose any of the product plans. The D currently isn't in our other products, though we do have different Steinway samples in Personal Orchestra and Jazz and Big Band - they're relatively 'lite' pianos that are quite nice as part of a package. Hope that helps a little,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Hi,
    Will the 1.05 be released?
    Thanks,
    Sergio

Yes it will be- I'm going over it right now after having been away in London.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast