• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing Galaxy ll And Vintage D Pianos ???

Share/Bookmark

Installing Galaxy ll And Vintage D Pianos ???

Hi

I recently purchased Galaxy ll and Vintage D Sample Libraries, but I'm confused about the installation process. It seems there is a Galaxy Vintage D Software install, Sample Library install, and Kontakt 4 install. Will be using a 7200 RPM internal Drive 320 GB to install both Libraries. There are no partitions on the Drive just one volume (Macintosh HD) It confirms choose a destination for Galaxy Vintage D Software (NOT the Sample Libraries) or for an alternative destination click Folder "Shared" (the Library does not have to be on the System Disk) but another internal or External HD.

I intend putting both Libraries on the same 7200 internal Drive, but where should the Galaxy Vintage D go ? where should the Sample Library go ? and where should i be putting Kontakt 4 ?

For the Kontakt 4 install there is an option for choosing VST AU an RTAS, being on a Mac i will be choosing AU, but would i need to install VST an RTAS as well ?

Sorry! this is my first ever plugin install.

Macbook 5.1 OS X Leopard 10.5.
    WD 7200 Internal HD 320GB, 4GB RAM
    GarageBand 09.
    Music.. the many characters of how God speaks to us all

Re: Installing Galaxy ll And Vintage D Pianos ???

Hi,

It might be a good idea to post this in the General Discussion Forum, it seems to be the place everyone is posting for any topic. Someone there most likely with a Mac can be of more help.

I'm not on a Mac but I have installed the Kontakt 5 player and "The Giant' recently.

If you are putting everything on your internal drive it should be fairly straightforward. I would use the default location that the installer lists i.e. the Mac HD.

I would install the Kontakt 4 player first and get it activated. Then install the software and libraries, each time using the default locations that the installer has listed. Here is a link to the manual I found at the Best Service Website. It shows you how to go about it. It is easier to do than explain it. (It's about 1.3 mb download)

http://www.bestservice.de/demo_files/00000380.pdf

You will need to install VST if you want to use the plugins in a host DAW such as Sonar or in Sibelius or Finale for example.
    The RTAS is for use with ProTools. The first time I ever installed a plugin I didn't know what to install so I just installed everything. It hasn't caused any problems having them all there.

Hope this has helped a bit.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Go Back to forum