• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using the Roland VCM7100/7200 series digital mixers?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using the Roland VCM7100/7200 series digital mixers?

I just picked up a VMC7200 24 bit, 24 channel console and aVM7100 processor .
    Its a great sounding unit.
    Ive just started to read the manual and it looks like a bit of a learning curve ,but Im learning.
    Just wonder if anyone else on this forum is using this system ,and what they think of it.
    This is my first digital mixer ,have been wanting one for awhile , I just happened on to a good deal on this so I jumped.

Re: Anyone using the Roland VCM7100/7200 series digital mixers?

Oh yeah ,one more thing.
    If you are in the market for a digital mixer I know of a retailer that is offering the VMC7100 and the VM7100 for
    $999,thats 80 percent off retail[It retails for 4,995].
    My system listed for $9,400 because of extra card options and extra console etc, and I paid $1,392.
    I had to buy from 4 sources to put the package together.
    To good of a deal to pass up.

I use the same system and totally love it.

Too bad it never caught on....everybody already had Mackies or 02R rigs by the time it came out...but I think it\'s the best sounding digital board of all of those range on consoles.

good choice (and amazing deal!!!)

spectrum

Hi spectrum
    Your the one from Sonic Control and behind the spectrosonics stuff right?
    Thanks for the reply
    Your not the first one that said it sounded great.
    I talked to someone the other day before I purchased it ,that said he has a couple of these roland boards and owns protools[24/48k version] and said the roland sounded better to him , said the sound was denser on the roland.

That was kinda nice to here after a weekend were I transported a friend to the local Samash store were he picked up a complete protools 24/192 system that he paid nearly 40 grand for.

I thought the protools system was way over priced but I couldnt help but feel a bit of gear lust[Im only human].
    And the next day I bumped in to my Roland deal, so I paid about 1/30th for mine, compared to protools,Im still skipping over that one.

Anyway I jus want to say if anyone is interested I still know were you can get the one part[the console] of a two part system[the other part is the processor that you have to find on the used market ] stupid cheap.
    If interested let me know, Ill give you info

Go Back to forum