• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: If you had to choose...

Share/Bookmark

If you had to choose...

Whenever I hear people raving about VSL, it\'s usually about the performance set. How is the actual cube?

Here\'s why I ask - my college graduation present [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] - should it be the Cube or the Performance set?

Right now I have AO, Sam\'s stuff, and the popular free libs (GTOWN, etc).

-Matt

Re: If you had to choose...

Definitely get the Performance set!

Originally posted by Anders00:
    Here\'s why I ask - my college graduation present [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] - should it be the Cube or the Performance set?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The performance set is the jewel of the two, get it if you can\'t afford the cube yet.

Here\'s the list of the combined First and Pro Edition Cubes. You\'ll also see the Performances. Overall, I suggest the Cube if you can only have one. See what you can get on the upgrade to understand why:

http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/ilio/articulations.shtml

Thanks for the advice everyone! Peter, I checked out the link. Could you explain in more detail why you\'d go for the cube instead of the perf set?

Thanks again,

-Matt

Right now I\'m running two machines with GS. My main machine is a P4 1.7 with ~768 RDRAM running XP. I run GS and sequence from this machine.

The second machine is a P3 800 with 500 megs (maxed [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ) running win98 SE.

-Matt

Hey Matt,

What happened to a new car or a trip to Europe?

Sharmy, would you say the same if people already have a collection of orchestral sounds. I know I\'m only interested in VSL because of the Legato and repetition Tools found in the Performance set.

Sharmy,

I do share your distaste for rendering, but I could imagine sketching everything with AO and then replacing instruments with the perf set in the later stages.

How does the cube percussion compare to LOP?

-M

That would depend on what you have already.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sharmy, what if I told you I have QLSO, huh. Just kidding. I have mainly older stuff like Miroslav, Roland, Xsample,etc, which I\'m actually perfectly happy with. I know those libraries well, they\'re not memory hungry (except for Xsample) and quite a few of these sound better to my ears then some hot shot libraries today. Why should I be interested in an concert flute that is slightly better, uses 6-8 dynamics and still doesn\'t play as musical as the Performance flute?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum