• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RME PRICES GOING UP JULY 1

Share/Bookmark

RME PRICES GOING UP JULY 1

Today I just received notice that because of the exchange rate, RME prices are taking a serious jump beginning July 1 (nearly 30% in some cases). These are really siginificant increases.

If anyone wants an HDSP 9652, Multiface, or Digiface, now is the time as the MAP pricing is pretty breathtaking!

I\'m posting the new prices on Monday, June 30. So if you want something contact me by FRIDAY so I can get a group Northern Sounds order in. My dealer agreement doesn\'t permit me to post group pricing, but if you call, I can review it with you.

Meanwhile, here\'s what we have with RME.

http://www.truespec.com/store/audiocards/index.shtml

I have in stock right now four HDSP 9652 cards. First come, first serve.

PA
    310-559-3779

Re: RME PRICES GOING UP JULY 1

Thanks for the warning [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

dammit... I was waiting for the MADI stuff...

looks like I\'ll have to pick one up.

RME prices going DOWN July 1rst.
    Now that would get me moving to buy one after the first.
    To to buy a card that is already expensive for fear it might go up , doesnt work for me , being that alot of sound card companies are currently and have for months been working on 64 bit cards.
    I realise you are just reporting what RME reported to you but ,from the aspect of\" what makes the customer buy\" thats what would make me part with my hard earned cash.

Hmmmm...RME cards are very pricey to begin with, and now they\'re raising prices 30% in the US when our economy completely sucks and we can least afford it. Unless their current cards miraculously got 30% better overnight, all I can say is thank you, RME, for making my next card purchase that much easier. I was planning on buying the Multiface in August, but will go with M-audio instead.
    -Hudson

Hudson,

As an owner of both RME and M-Audio cards I\'d suggest you reconsider. M-Audio\'s drivers are lame compared to RME\'s. My Audiophile 2496 still doesn\'t function perfectly. The Dig 96/8 PST has worked perfectly from the first installation. You get what you pay for. I could go into the relative quality of documentation and support, but the answer would be the same.

Good luck.

Steve Chandler
    http://www.mp3.com/stevechandler

The latest SoundOnSound features a review of the HDSP 9652 (I have one in my sequencer PC - it\'s great stuff).

Steve and Thomas, many thanks for the M-audio warnings...I\'ll scratch them off my list! But still, RME just priced themselves out of my range. How about the Echo Laya24? Seems to have a nice feature set.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Kenn159:
    RME prices going DOWN July 1rst...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Apparently, you misread what I wrote. I\'m offering to put together a GROUP order for Northern Sounds members at a lower rate.

I understood what you wrote , I just replaced the word \"up\"
    for the word \"down\" explaining that,this is what it would take for me to buy one.
    Ill check with you and see how much of a discount a group rate would offer.

Go Back to forum