• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clarinet with vibrato

Share/Bookmark

Clarinet with vibrato

So far I havn\'t heard of a library that has a clarinet with vibrato! This just seems so wierd to me. If there is one, I\'ve never heard it. I\'m seriously thinking about doing a whole series of samples on this subject.

Re: Clarinet with vibrato

Originally posted by greatzed:
    So far I havn\'t heard of a library that has a clarinet with vibrato! This just seems so wierd to me. If there is one, I\'ve never heard it. I\'m seriously thinking about doing a whole series of samples on this subject.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Vibrato isn\'t typically part of a concert (\"classical\" or \"orchestral\" or \"legit\" etc.) clarinet tone. It\'s certainly the exception rather than the rule unless you\'re talking about jazz, dixieland, etc.

To a lesser extent, it\'s the same with horn, although the vibrato on the SAM solo horn works well.

I personally wince when I hear vibrato clarinet unless is jazz-oriented!

--Eric

I just checked - the Miroslav Mini library clarinet has vibrato. I\'d imagine the full library has it too.

Now I remember why I don\'t use it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

--Eric

Oh, man, I LOVE the sound of a clarinet with vibrato! I can\'t stand to play one without at least a little vibrato. Just think of a section of 7 playing vibrato and how ghostly it would sound! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I guess I\'m just trying to think of ways to make my orchestra mock-ups sound out of the ordinary.

Go Back to forum