• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kompakt Demo

Share/Bookmark

Kompakt Demo

I posted this elsewhere, but thought I\'d throw it out there and put myself at the mercy of the crowd...

Someone asked earlier about the quality of the Kompakt sample library. Last night I threw together this demo using only the samples that came with Kompakt:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/rbrowne/Exotica.mp3

The following samples were used:

Angels nonvib oo-oh
    Bluejay percussion
    African percussion
    Cello Arco
    Oboe
    Clarinet
    Flute
    Violins Pizzicato
    Large String Section
    Fazioli Piano
    Fretless King bass

Tracks were recorded live into Vegas 4 and mixed using Sonic Foundry reverb on various tracks. This is a rough draft.

Re: Kompakt Demo

I\'ve found the Kompakt samples included with the software to be very good.

Big piece o\'crap as far as I\'m concerned. You call those good samples? Maybe if you had a decent piece of material to show them off... Why do you give us this weird exotic sh*t?

Kompakt sucks. Giga rules.

Nice comp. It\'s good to hear something different from the usual fare. Has a very good feel to it.
    J

It is very nice, but the pitch bend on the oboe sound was an out-of-character reference. I liked it quite a bit. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pay no attention to the trolls, and they will go away.

Thanks Jamie, Houston and, of course, Joejoe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

I realize the cello is out of character, I tend to not care about such things. I think of the sampler as an instrument itself and am willing to bend and twist samples any which way to get the effect I want. I\'m certainly not trying to emulate the real thing.

As for trolls, they\'re part of the price of exposing yourself in public...

\"exposing yourself in public\"!???

There are laws against that, you know.

I realize the cello is out of character, I tend to not care about such things. I think of the sampler as an instrument itself and am willing to bend and twist samples any which way to get the effect I want.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree with this absolutely. That\'s part of the fun of this medium.
    J [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dude, I was just pullin\' yer chain. Actually, I think it\'s pretty cool.

But Giga still rules.

that\'s a good tripy comp, i like it a lot...

and your statement \"I think of the sampler as an instrument itself and am willing to bend and twist samples any which way to get the effect I want\". i agree very much, there\'s lot more in samples then just trying to emulate the real thing...freak yourself out, while you twist that knob....

Go Back to forum