• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Drums Drums Drums

Share/Bookmark

Drums Drums Drums

Dear King Idiot,

in a thread that suspiciously disappeared, you said you didn\'t think that much of the Clearmountain 2 disc. Which is fine.

But, from my point of view it\'s a workhorse for me and I almost feel guilty grabbing it all the time. So, i was wondering what disc you felt
    would be its rival as I\'d happy to go out and get it to have the alternative. Even if our opinions differ greatly, If i end up thinking your half right, I\'d be on a winner.

Finally, It is disappointing that the thread disappeared. Or has it gone somehwere im not aware of? Whilst my opinion, and those of others
    may not be true for us all, it does give us something to judge by. Can\'t be anymore misleading than the promos the discs get.

Re: Drums Drums Drums

I agree, simply deleting a thread like that sucks... we\'ve seen pretty worse thing on this forum made by professionals that never were deleted, i don\'t see why people wouldnt have the right to voice their honest opinions on purchases they think outright sucked, freedom of speech for regular users i say...

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

I think it all depends on what you look for in sound. I personally find certain aspects of the BCD 2 disc limiting and \"sampler\". Like the filters on the snare. Its definitely smoother, but sounds like theres a \"wah\" on the snare.

I personally am very fond of Real Mega Drums and Real Giga Drums, jsut because I REALLY REALLY like having control of the mic\'s. I find the snaresin RMD better than RGD, but they are both good.

Pure Drums is another I like. Its.......neat.... Its really a strange lib IMO. I like it tho. The sounds are way too clean for me...but the variety is fantastic, so it can be extremely useful.

King I,

Ive got the Pure drums. I just don\'t like them. They cover a lot of kits but they just don\'t sound as good as the BC. I have used a couple of snares from a chromatic snare gig or two. Thats about it.
    From memory know, I especially didnt like the cymbals. The crashes on all kits just don\'t have the clarity and quality of the BC. Which is making me wonder if Im always producing things in the same depth of field.

Maybe i have to just work kit on a track and try and stay with that sound base.

Anyways, i take on board your other suggestions
    Appreciate your input.

I understand totally about Pure Drums.

they either work or dont work. Its really because they are so full of color. Which is why I findthem a little weird. They are so \"clean\"...they start to sound fake in some instances. However I do find the snares a great \"go to\"

Honestly Real Giga Drums and Real Mega Drums are my go to libraries for drums. Still tho. I wish they had the variety of Pure Drums.

my favorite library would be a combination of the three libs.

Very sad indeed that the topic was removed. It\'s obvious why it was removed. No one is going to pay money to advertise on this site if something negative about their library is being posted. Too bad though....

On another note, it looks like I may have been banned from starting any new threads! Or perhaps it is an actual error. Can anyone else start a new thread? YIKES!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Munsie:
    Very sad indeed that the topic was removed. It\'s obvious why it was removed. No one is going to pay money to advertise on this site if something negative about their library is being posted. Too bad though....

On another note, it looks like I may have been banned from starting any new threads! Or perhaps it is an actual error. Can anyone else start a new thread? YIKES!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Quite right. You, Mr. Munsie, are a bloody troublemaker!

Just kidding. It looks like it was just a glitch. They cut out the \'f\' word and the like and they \'lock\' topics, but I\'ve never seen any real censorship here.

I agree. I want to hear what people think is really bad. I have been very lucky so far, but I want to hear about the real stinkers.

nothing has been removed. the forum had a corupt file. we recently had to reset the forum it should be fine now. you may still be able to find the topic if you do a search. if any one see this problem again please email us and let us know this usally happens if there is a forum error or corrupt file.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What are you guys talking about? If you\'re referring to the \"Worst Sample Library\" thread, it hasn\'t gone anywhere. You can relax...nothing was removed, nothing was censored.

Originally posted by Munsie:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

A lot of topics were removed, strange..

Go Back to forum