• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stand alone Instant Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Stand alone Instant Orchestra

When using the stand alone version of Instant Orchestra, it populates the different voices but it only
    plays one voice at a time. Do I have to use my sequencer to play all the voices? Thanks

Re: Stand alone Instant Orchestra

It sounds like your MIDI input is only sending on one channel instead of OMNI. You'll need to change each instrument slot MIDI channel to the same as the one voice that is playing to hear all the sounds.

Jim

Thanks for the reply. So.... I selected an Ensemble of Becoming Grand It gives me 4 voices Vibrato Extreme Full Strings,
    Double Octave Full Strings, Full Winds Unison and Octave Winds Mix. Per your advice, I changed each voice to OM instead of MIDI channel 01 that was on each of the voices. I get the same result. The only voice that plays is the one that has the
    "light" on. Still cannot hear all voices mixed.

Next thing to do is to check the output each patch is going to.

Jim

They're all going to 1/2

The answer to my own question Do you have to use a sequencer to play all the voices and the answer is yes.
    From the IO manual - "
    The limitation is that you can usually play only one instrument at a time. Unlike using it as a plug-in within a sequencer, your recording ability is limited and you cannot edit your performance (though you can use various audio software programs for this).

Thanks for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by rbassman98003 View Post
    The answer to my own question Do you have to use a sequencer to play all the voices and the answer is yes...
    That's right, rbassman - That's the way all multi-timbral synths work. In stand alone, your computer can access only as many stereo outs as your card/interface has. But when used in a recording program, that host provides all of the audio outs needed to power all 16 outs from ARIA, and those are "virtual" audio channels which get funneled down to your single stereo pair interface.

Randy

Go Back to forum