• Register
  • Help

Topic: AO Stings

Share/Bookmark

AO Stings

I’m dazed and confused upon receiving the AO Strings Disks. They are promoted as being both section and solo. The section strings are wonderful. Unfortunately, the solo strings are of NO value. No value because they are stripped down versions (no pizzicato, no spicato, etc.) Worse, they are NOT LOOPED(!), and don’t play longer than quarter note in slow tempo. Inside the CD jacket, I was informed that the full solo string are on disk 3 of AO!?! (The AO Strings being on 1 and 2)

As you can tell by my frustration, solo strings are what I need. Though very fine, I wouldn’t have bought the section strings, as my work is exclusively in chamber music.

The East/West description:
    Advanced Orchestra Strings features String Ensembles (instruments: 14 violins, 10 violas, 8 celli, 6 basses) and Solo Strings (instruments: violin, viola, cello) from the critically acclaimed series Advanced Orchestra.

Re: AO Stings

sorry Bill,

east west should have tell you that the solo strings are more like bonus sounds to complete the string sections. The special play techniques (e.g. crescendo, grace) are available within the big Library.
    But be shure to check all the key dimensions - spiccato and pizzicato should be available!

Loops: Looping solo sounds is extremly complicated and time consuming. The price of the library therfore would be higher...

[This message has been edited by holger (edited 07-19-1999).]

Re: AO Stings

I would expect un-looped samples to have very long sustains. These samples are very short, and often trimed at the end so that they don\'t even have their natural decay.

There are no samples under the detache, con sordino, both trills, Pizz, and both spiccatos.

Go Back to forum