• Register
  • Help

Topic: Extended Classical Choir?

Share/Bookmark

Extended Classical Choir?

I\'ve appreciated all the information you other members have provided, especially, you holger. Now, can anyone give me a little more info on the \"Extended Classical Choir\"? Anyone used it? Impressions? Can anyone compare it to \"Symphony of Voices\"?

Thanks

Re: Extended Classical Choir?

I reprogrammed the classical choir extended for AKAI and gigasampler´. Every note now has it´s own sample, so absolutely no transposition effects appear. Available big sets approx 40 Mb/Choir and additional short looped under 16 Mb/Choir, but also 1 sample 1 key. The sound is brilliant, GS has Modulation crossfade between different choirs like uuhh - ahh.
    Symphony sounds less bright, much more spacious, diffuse and mysterious, but the transpsition artifacts are very big. The bandwith of sounds and sung phrases are bigger then in classical choir. I like the operatic solo voices, for example.

I used both ´many productions. Can not say which to prefer.

I reprogrammed the classical choir extended for AKAI and gigasampler´. Every note now has it´s own sample, so absolutely no transposition effects appear. Available big sets approx 40 Mb/Choir and additional short looped under 16 Mb/Choir, but also 1 sample 1 key. The sound is brilliant, GS has Modulation crossfade between different choirs like uuhh - ahh.
    Symphony sounds less bright, much more spacious, diffuse and mysterious, but the transpsition artifacts are very big. The bandwith of sounds and sung phrases are bigger then in classical choir. I like the operatic solo voices, for example.

I used both ´many productions. Can not say which to prefer.

Just note that, contrary to what is implied by the posted description, there are not separate instrument files for B, T, A and S; they are “blended”. If that meets your needs, the choral sound really is breathtaking. If you want to do more traditional 4 part writing, this library may not be the one.

Info for Holger and others.
    The bump in the crossfade has been fixed so you will really like the crossfades in the Choir now. It was always fine with a slow fade but now it sounds perfect no matter what the speed. This fix is in 1.6 which we are still testing a tweaking. We will put it online and in new products shortly.

Take care
    Dave

SoV is better than ECC, IMO [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

A little vintage post here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum