• Register
  • Help

Topic: HAS ANYONE CONVERTED WILL LEE'S BASS LIBRARY?

Share/Bookmark

HAS ANYONE CONVERTED WILL LEE\'S BASS LIBRARY?

Hi all,
    Is the conversion working fine from Akai\'s CD?
    Please let me know.
    Keep groovin\'!

Re: HAS ANYONE CONVERTED WILL LEE\'S BASS LIBRARY?

My experience with Akai-converting is all positive. The S-Converter works correct.
    But you know that the library is available in Giga format ?

Wolfgang
    www.mp3.com/wolly

[This message has been edited by Wolfgang Eichholz (edited 07-28-1999).]

Yes,

I have converted the Will Lee library from Akai to Giga, it worked fine after I learned how Akai setup their CDs. It took me about 2hours to get it just the way I wanted. However, ******** does have a Giga version.

Thank you for you inputs.
    The AKAI CD is about $40 cheaper ... From what I\'ve heard, the GS version is nothing but a converted Akai CD. So ... time to learn how S-Converter works ! ;-)
    Thanks again.

Opps. Sorry everybody, I didn\'t know I wasn\'t allowed to post names of companies. It won\'t happen again.

Here\'s what Holger wrote on another thread:

Importing of AKAI instruments to GS is easy and can be done with S-convertor, but the imported indtruments are simple, behave not like the AKAI original and don´t benefit from GS features like dimension mapping. Loops of imported samples may click sometimes, finetuning of lodness, sample start adjustments and EG/Filters are lost.
    Reprogramming is the professional (and of course expensive) way to adapt a library to a sampler. I did this with advanced orchestra and it takes 3 months, the work was from the scratch on. But the library now is perfect for fast, intuitive work and all the power of GS is included.

Only with a native GS library you get the full power of GS, but of course working with imported AKAI libs is also nice - fast loading, unlimited memory.

[This message has been edited by Wolfgang Eichholz (edited 07-28-1999).]

Will Lee has been available for some time in Native GigaSampler format. It\'s not just a simple conversion. Each bass fits on a single MIDI channel and all the samples are accessed with controllers and the multiple velocities are mapped and tweaked and velocity filters are in there also. The source material was from the Akai but it was put together from scratch. There is a slight chance that the \"company that produced the library\" may go back to the source material and perhaps release a large unlooped super version. No promises though. Check with said company about the availability and future plans for the Will Lee library.
    Dave

Or rather \"unsaid company\".

With all due respect to PapaChalk and DeSound, isn\'t this no-naming-of-actual-companies rule kind of silly?

Not that I don\'t respect the forum administrators\' rights to run it how they see fit.

But I can\'t think of reason why not... wouldn\'t a \"the views expressed here are not necessarily those of etc.\" do the trick?

- Chris Beck

Right!

In this case we couldn\'t even call Holger - as
    a company of Sound-Design - by his name.

For myself I prefer HOLGER instead of
    H****R or \'The man with the Sound...\' or
    something like that.

Yours

M*****D

(former MANFRED)
    (former Senior Member - now grown younger)

[This message has been edited by mramosch (edited 08-20-1999).]

Go Back to forum