• Register
  • Help

Topic: .wav to .gig conversion?

Share/Bookmark

.wav to .gig conversion?

Can this be done with GS LE? Or does it require the S-Converter utility?

I have created my own .wav files from combinations of programs from my synths. I wantto use GS as a \"resampler\" of sorts by converting these wav files to gigs. Can this be done with GS LE?

Thanks!

Re: .wav to .gig conversion?

First, Bill let me thank you for your informative reply. I appreciate you help, here.
    I did open the manual. I even tried to find the subject I asked about here.

Let\'s see...In the Index under Waves there is one page listed...page 209 (Import). So I went to page 209. My goodness it is a page in Section III which is entitled S- Converter. Hmmm, Let\'s go back to the index...perhaps under Convert to GIG...page 211...gee, that\'s under the S- Converter section, too. Hmmm, lets see here, what about Importing Samples...page 80... well that talks about the Wave Pool. I even tried what it said there, that didn\'t work, so back to the index.

Get the idea? I can read. I own a manual, but I was hoping to get some help from someone who was more familiar with the program. Instead , what I got was you.

Thanks for nothing.

wav->drag into the instrument editor->map step by step or via wizard->save gig->done.

No offense Craig, but have you opened the manual?

You’re right Criag. I apologize. I forgot what the first few readings of the GS manual were like. Also, those with pirated copies of GS sometimes fish for answers here.

As with other Samplers/SoftSynths, instruments are built with 1 or more wav files. If you think in terms of building a gig out of wavs rather than converting wavs to gigs, it will help. This is done in the instrument editor. There video tutorials of using the instrument wizard to build new gigs (no, there’s no sound).

Good luck.
    Bill

You guys are very witty. Everyone\'s advice here is on target. You use wave files to create .gig files. If you put loops or unity notes or microtuning in these waves, the GigaSampler will recognize them when you import them.
    Happy sample creation
    Dave of NemeSys

Go Back to forum