• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does anyone else like this idea?

Share/Bookmark

Does anyone else like this idea?

If this idea has already been discussed and settled then we don't need to pursue it.

I would like to have a place on this site that contains the usernames of forum members and links to their websites, file sharing accounts, etc. where they freely share music they have composed or arranged. After hearing Dan's Meditation from Thais I searched out his website and really enjoyed listening to other things he had done. I would suggest a simple list that is created by members who want to participate. Then if anyone really likes someone's work he could easily listen to more.

Norman

Re: Does anyone else like this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jandjnelson View Post
    If this idea has already been discussed and settled then we don't need to pursue it.

I would like to have a place on this site that contains the usernames of forum members and links to their websites, file sharing accounts, etc. where they freely share music they have composed or arranged. After hearing Dan's Meditation from Thais I searched out his website and really enjoyed listening to other things he had done. I would suggest a simple list that is created by members who want to participate. Then if anyone really likes someone's work he could easily listen to more.

Norman
    I like that idea also. I would love to hear all of Randy's work from his latest musical from start to finish, for example.
    ~Rodney

I like the idea... a directory like that.

A lot of us do have our own websites (mine is www.DavidSosnowski.com).

But many members have music at various social networking sites, file service sites, music sites, etc. -- and sometimes several of them.

I wonder if there might be a vBulletin module that does something like that...?

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    I like the idea... a directory like that.

A lot of us do have our own websites (mine is www.DavidSosnowski.com).

But many members have music at various social networking sites, file service sites, music sites, etc. -- and sometimes several of them.

I wonder if there might be a vBulletin module that does something like that...?

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Now, that IS a coincidence David!

Only a few hours ago, I was preparing a score at very short notice for a first run through of a string quartet I composed recently. They need it tomorrow! I was working in Finale and was uncertain about a few things so I went straight to your site and had a look at one of your scores - which immediately sorted things out. I couldn't find the correct shape that joins a start and end tempo together for an accel or rit - but I found it once I knew what I was looking for!

So many thanks for that David. And certainly a directory that provides helpful resources such as scores or even for the pure pleasure of listening is a good idea.

Kind regards,

Graham

www.soundclick.com/grahamkeitch

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch View Post
    Now, that IS a coincidence David!

Only a few hours ago, I was preparing a score at very short notice for a first run through of a string quartet I composed recently. They need it tomorrow! I was working in Finale and was uncertain about a few things so I went straight to your site and had a look at one of your scores - which immediately sorted things out. I couldn't find the correct shape that joins a start and end tempo together for an accel or rit - but I found it once I knew what I was looking for!

So many thanks for that David. And certainly a directory that provides helpful resources such as scores or even for the pure pleasure of listening is a good idea.

Kind regards,

Graham

www.soundclick.com/grahamkeitch

Good to cross paths again, Graham!

Pleased to be of service. While I certainly don't consider
    myself an authority on the orthography of notation, I do
    my best to stick to best practices.

Best,

David
    ------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by jandjnelson View Post

Norman
    It's certainly a good idea, but I wonder if it isn't redundant - most of us (if not all) have our websites as part of our signatures: anything we post will have the url there. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding? It can't hurt!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Just to prove conclusively how observant I am, something else
    I never noticed... lol:

If you click over the username (like etLux, at left), you'll also
    see "Visit Homepage". You can set that up somewhere or other
    in your user profile.

And Ron's right, too, of course -- it's simple enough to just
    stick your website(s) url(s) in your signature.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Yes, I like this idea. Whats wrong with this idea. I just found it very beneficial and interesting for me. Keep it up.

Go Back to forum