• Register
  • Help

Topic: ILIO: Synclavier Keys?

Share/Bookmark

ILIO: Synclavier Keys?

Has anyone successfully imported any of the ILIO libraries into Gigasampler. In particular the Synclavier Keys and Guitar?

-david

Re: ILIO: Synclavier Keys?

Yes, Synclavier Keys and Guitars imports fine into Gigasampler (as well as other Synclavier CDs). From other ILIO Akai CDs - for example all of Symphony of Voices imports out of errors to *.GS.

Thanks Dis,

how\'s the sound/feel quality of that Library? (Synclavier Keys & Guitars)

-david

How does the piano sample stack up against gigapiano, steinway b, etc.???

Well, the quality of Synclavier Keys&Guitars isn\'t too good I think. Especially acoustic instruments - piano and guitars are not comparable with newer libraries like Hans Zimmer Guitar or Rock Piano. Same about Choir - boys, girls, they sound very synthetic.
    The rest of CD are synth sounds, there are on the contrary some interesting sounds, which (maybe) can\'t be found on other Akai CDs. But my opinion is, that for example new SC-8850 (or 8820) has far much better sounds than Keys&Guitars.

Dis

Thanks Dis,

I also heard a demo of Keys and Guitars and didn\'t really like what I heard. What are your favorite libraries?

-david

You are weclome,
    some M. Vitous brass/winds are good.. but i\'m not able to found any good strings section choir, and esp. orch. percussion libraries (i have Vitous 1.0, Symphony of Voices, Advanced Classical Choir, Siedlaczek Harp&Perc., but.. ). For orchestra sounds my favorite library is the one from old \"Sound Engine\" sound module.
    And what are your favorite?

Dis

No favorites yet. Gigasampler is the first sampler I\'ve owned. I\'m looking for good rich sounds, while trying to avoid buying any junk, I\'m especially interested in inspiring keyboard libraries (both pads and e-piano\'s). Maybe the Maracati Native Instruments are nice, but without a demo I\'m not taking the chance...

-david

Go Back to forum