• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum kits for GS?

Share/Bookmark

Drum kits for GS?

Any new drum kit sample CDROMs due to be released exclusively for Gigasampler? You know, taking advantage of the near unlimited sample time for loop free crash cymbals etc.

Do any such products exist?

Best

Ian

Re: Drum kits for GS?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian Stewart Cairns:
    Any new drum kit sample CDROMs due to be released exclusively for Gigasampler? You know, taking advantage of the near unlimited sample time for loop free crash cymbals etc.

Do any such products exist?

Best

Ian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim Roseberry at www.Studiocat.com is developing a drum library that according to beta testers, is supposed to be absolutely killer. I think it\'s called Purrfect Drums, or something like that.

-david

I\'m considering building one. I haven\'t done much research on whats out there for Giga regarding this, but I believe no one has done anything to take dvantage of the unlimeted sample time yet. I\'ve got some ideas that people might be interested in, I\'ll keep everyne here informed if I decide for sure to do it as a marketed CD.

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-02-2000).]

The current project that Sean I and Nemesys are working on is mainly orchestral however we are going to be doing a another volume very soon that will be centered around drum set and ethnic instruments. I can tell you though that it will be as extensive as the orchestral library that we are doing.

dc

ps. Dave has the library at namm so if anyone is going check it out!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    The current project that Sean I and Nemesys are working on is mainly orchestral however we are going to be doing a another volume very soon that will be centered around drum set and ethnic instruments. I can tell you though that it will be as extensive as the orchestral library that we are doing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Donnie,

I heard the demo of your orchestral percussion samples and thought they sounded outstanding. As an orchestral composer myself I expect I will be buying a copy!

I look forward to your drum kit samples. :-)

Best Wihses

Ian

[This message has been edited by Ian Stewart Cairns (edited 02-02-2000).]

Hi
    Some native giga format drums that are out on the market that make use of multiple velocity\'s , dimensions and large sample capacity are Real mega drums [ east/west ] and Bob Clearmountain drums 2. see ya , Ken

Go Back to forum