• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bigga Giggas solo strings

Share/Bookmark

Bigga Giggas solo strings

Just wondering what people think about the solo strings disk from Bigga Giggas. Also, any thoughts on the acoustic guitar?

thanks...

Re: Bigga Giggas solo strings

The solo strings are actually very nice, especially considering the price. For some reason they’re all mapped an octave low, which is easy to fix, but an unnecessary nuisance.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Thanks for the reply Bill. These are my questions:

1. I see that the solo strings are stereo samples. Doesn\'t this present a real problem for placing them in a stereo mix? I could record them and then bounce to mono, but it seems rather clumsy.

2. Are all playing styles available at once, similar to Advanced Orchestra, or will I have to map a performance over several MIDI channels?

Thanks....

Hi Doug
    Thanx for your interest in the Bigga Giggas Solo Strings.

When it comes to mono or stereo I suppose it\'s all a matter of taste, the thing about having them in stereo are that you have a choise, you can make monos out of stereos, you can\'t make stereos out of monos, /Well, not real ones...)

We have listened to the points about the samples being mapped one octave low, and even if it is easily changed, we now have mapped them one octave higher, (this also goes for the \"Worra\'s Prophet\"-cd.

The several playing styles are all in separate gigs, there are no multi layered gigs on this one. You could see it as a toolobox, where you can build your own multilayered gigs in a way that you want it.
    There are so many different approaches on wich controls to use where and how, that we felt that it was better to leave this up to the user.

We have, however left this philosophy, in our upcoming Solo Orch. Horns release, where we in addition to the single gigs in different playing style, have multilayered gigs on all the main instruments.

Peace
    Worra & the rest of the Bigga Giggas Group

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
    2. Are all playing styles available at once, similar to Advanced Orchestra, or will I have to map a performance over several MIDI channels?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a further comment here. Even though the different articulations are in separate files, you don’t need to place them on different channels. Load them all, and send program changes to switch. No really very different than sending a Mod value or MIDI key value.

Thanks, Worra.

Go Back to forum