• Register
  • Help

Topic: Conexant GM

Share/Bookmark

Conexant GM

Hi,

I\'m thinking of getting the Conexant GM 500 meg set.

Anybody using this?

How is it?

I want to use it to work out arrangements with decent sounds and then switch to better ones like AO for recording.

Thanks,
    Randy

Re: Conexant GM

I\'ve been using it for a couple of weeks and I\'m satisfied with it. I think you\'re right on target about using it for sketching out arragements and then using better sounds. I played some commercial midi files using the Conexant GM and was surprised at how good they sounded, especially considering the sounds didn\'t have any effects.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>I\'ve been using it for a couple of weeks and I\'m satisfied with it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is the quality of the oboe sound?

Lawrence

The files and music I play are mainly R&B (the old stuff) and jazz and ballads and none of them had any oboe tracks. I tried using the commericial midi files as they have lots of cc\'s and bends and for the most part they sounded pretty good. The accoustic grand is in stereo and except with the damper pedal down was pretty good in the mix. Guitars and bass are ok especially the fingered electric bass. Strings were also stereo. Now this is just my opinion and I am basing this on the type of music I play and comparing them to my other GM sources. Based on this I\'m ok with them. If I were burning a CD (which I am planning on)I certainly will substitute other sounds on some of the tracks.

The files and music I play are mainly R&B (the old stuff) and jazz and ballads and none of them had any oboe tracks. I tried using the commericial midi files as they have lots of cc\'s and bends and for the most part they sounded pretty good. The accoustic grand is in stereo and except with the damper pedal down was pretty good in the mix. Guitars and bass are ok especially the fingered electric bass. Strings were also stereo. Now this is just my opinion and I am basing this on the type of music I play and comparing them to my other GM sources. Based on this I\'m ok with them. If I were burning a CD (which I am planning on)I certainly will substitute other sounds on some of the tracks.

Go Back to forum