• Register
  • Help

Topic: garritan, man... thank you

Share/Bookmark

garritan, man... thank you

i wanted to thank g garritan and team for creating music libraries for a reasonable price. because of this many people (whether poor, young, etc.) have the chance to be a conductor, musician, whatever, hear new things, learn new things, 'control' new things, etc. that is a beautiful thing, to my mind.

a lot of people are in the sampling business for money, and i feel that you are not so much as. anyway thank you for your influential, modest, smart ideas, etc.

you will be missed

Re: garritan, man... thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonC View Post
    i wanted to thank g garritan and team for creating music libraries for a reasonable price. because of this many people (whether poor, young, etc.) have the chance to be a conductor, musician, whatever, hear new things, learn new things, 'control' new things, etc. that is a beautiful thing, to my mind.

a lot of people are in the sampling business for money, and i feel that you are not so much as. anyway thank you for your influential, modest, smart ideas, etc.

you will be missed

Is Gary going somewhere?
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

I thought Garritan was not CEO of "Garritan" the company anymore, because of makemusic.

Either way, it is primarily a thank you.

Hi, Preston - You described Gary's mission very well. When he first released GPO, his goal was to make a virtual orchestra easily available to musicians everywhere. He succeeded with that break through in a spectacular way, and now here we are some years later and Gary has given us affordable Jazz combos, marching bands, ethnic ensembles - it's an amazing thing he's accomplished.

Now with the merger of Garritan and MakeMusic, there's the power and resources of a larger company to expedite the development of the many irons Gary has in the fire. It's a time of transition, but you were mistaken in your post to think he was disappearing. He's right there in the middle of things, and probably progressing with new projects faster than he's been able to in years.

I really appreciate seeing this Thank You message posted, Preston. It speaks for thousands of appreciative Garritan users.

Randy

I, too, agree with Randy. This is a time of transition and Gary seems to always move in a positive direction. MakeMusic can provide the depth and back that Gary's hard work have developed. I look forward to a creative and interesting future for all involved. I also am so appreciative of the efforts that Gary has done to bring such excellent libraries to those of us who may or may not ever land the big cinema or game gigs but enjoy so much writing our music and being able to have others enjoy our ideas and compositions.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum