• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advanced Orchestra Upgrade 97

Share/Bookmark

Advanced Orchestra Upgrade 97

Is AO Upgrade 97 availible in native GIGA format?

Re: Advanced Orchestra Upgrade 97

No, sorry!

Is it possible to use the Akai version of Upgrade 97? Does it perform satisfying or are Giga native versions much much better?

There is mention of a certain Advanced Orchestra UPGRADE for Gigasampler in the Best Service web-page. Anybody knows if this is the one? The price is certainly different from the full orchestra set.
    http://www.bestservice.de/

[This message has been edited by Cheez (edited 07-11-2000).]

As far as I know, this upgrade is not the AO 97 upgrade. It probably is the upgrade from another sample format (AKAI, ROLAND) to the GS format. I do not know of any AO97 CD-ROMs in GS format. You can always purchase the AKAI version and convert it to GS format.

Is the conversion good? Or.. do you have to do a lot of tweaking to get it to work satisfying?

I do not own the AO97 CD-ROMs, so I cannot comment on how well they convert. Of all the AKAI CD-ROMs I own, about 95% converted to the GS format without any problems.

Upgrade 97 is excellent and it has always converted very well for me. I highly reccomend it along with the full AO library and if possible the Miroslav and QL brass. The up and down bow staccato strings are very cool in the upgrade 97.
    Have fun
    Dave

Go Back to forum