• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Advanced Orchestra Volume 3 by itself?

Share/Bookmark

Advanced Orchestra Volume 3 by itself?

Hi,

I just want to buy the woodwinds volume of AO but can\'t seem to find a place that will sell the volumes separately. Time & Space will sell Volume 1 and 2 together separately from the whole set but not just Volume 3.

Does anyone know of a distibutor that will sell these volumes saparately?

Or does anybody know of a first class woodwinds giga format sample CD (Not Miroslav though - he forces us to buy two CDs in order to get the whole ensemble - so I\'m not interested in shelling out that much cash).

AO volume 3 scored a high rating in SOS mag but I\'m not too tickled to have to buy the whole set just for the volume I need.

Thanks for suggestions on new libraries and any directions to a distributor.

Re: Advanced Orchestra Volume 3 by itself?

Unfortunately, Best Service (sic), Producer of AO, doesn’t offer it that way.

You can, however, get the Akai volume 3 separately and convert it to gig.

Thanks, Bill. Tell me something, if I get the akai version what will I be missing out on with the gig version.

For example, the string volume for giga has the ability to change to different patches using the lower register of the keyboard.

Is this feature, as well as others I don\'t know about, missing in the akai version?

S

The Sample pool is the same for both versions.

The GS version combines all the articulations for a particular instrument into one file, with the ability to switch between them with the keys C0-D3 (as you mention). In the Akai version, all the articulations are separate files. However, you can use the “Combine to gig” feature of S-converter to end up with the same thing. When you Combine to gig, by default, it will assign the Mod wheel as the dimension controller. You can then change that to keyboard control if you wish. If you work with a notation program, like Finale, you may prefer the mod wheel.

Hope that helps,
    Bill

Have a close listen to the Xsample CDs.
    I thought the demos of the solo woods were fantastic, and you can buy those individually:
    A description of what is on each volume in the set is at:
    http://www.soundsonline.com:81/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=BS-271SET-G

You can navigate from there to other pages with individual disks and demos.

Have a close listen to the Xsample CDs.

Thanks for the reply. I have the demo CD of X Sample and it\'s really first class.
    BUT, BUT, BUT like everything out there you have to pay so much to get the few things you want and an assortment of sounds not so desired.
    The woodwinds disc features basson (+contra) and oboe (+English horn) but if it just had clarinet too(a very common woodwind) then I would be sold (i don\'t even need flute since my wife plays-but for others I\'m sure it would be a common need and then a must-buy if included) but instead there\'s contrabassoon (interesting and probably useful but not on my priority list). Then English horn, I\'m sure beautiful indeed, is not really a necessity for me.

Where\'s the sample CD dedicated to common (perhaps over-used) woodwinds.
    I\'d happily accept contrabassoon and english horn, as well as some other goodies, if just the most common woodwinds were included also.

I think I\'ll just wait and see what comes up.

Anybody out there designing such a set?
    Woodwinds-The complete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Have a close listen to the Xsample CDs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The oboe d\'amore is VERY nice.

Lawrence

Hello,

we are working on a volume with clarinet,
    bassetthorn and bassclarinet...

Ciao,

Hans-Josef

Hans-Josef

I\'d love to see a list of things you have under deveoplement!

Does anybody know about a library containing Irsh Whistle (the kind of flute that James Horner often use in his music, like in: Braveheart, Titanic, Star Trek

Go Back to forum