• Register
  • Help

Topic: Human voice samples

Share/Bookmark

Human voice samples

I am an opera composer working with Giga. I am trying to use it in combo with Finale as a composing tool where I can hear a reasonable playback of my work in progress.

To do this properly I need samples of the human operatic voice or at least good solo voice samples for each type of voice (Female soprano, female mezzo-soprano, male tenor, male baritone, male bass-baritone.)

I have seen choir libraries but I can\'t find good solo library. Anybody know of one or know of someone who might do this custom for me?

Thanks,
    Roger Rudenstein

Re: Human voice samples

Do check this out
    It is the most versatile super quality vocal
    solo I;ve heard
    though it is \"Jazz\"
    It works well in many areas

$9.95
    I wasn\'t over joyed at first but that changed quickly after I started really using the \"Doo\" Parts are certainly not as usable
    Work with this and you might be amazed http://www.sonicimplants.com/Products/vocalimplants.htm
    If you want other sources e-mail me
    Voice Crystal is another one

Whats your email peribrown. Or you can email me papa@northernsounds.com

PaPa Chalk

Are these sonic inplants only compatible with the soundblaster live? I hope this isn\'t a dumb quesiton. Peace.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaPa Chalk:
    Whats your email peribrown. Or you can email me papa@northernsounds.com

PaPa Chalk
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My e-mail is peribrown1@home.com
    I guess I used my former to enter
    and haven\'t updated

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAZARU:
    Are these sonic inplants only compatible with the soundblaster live? I hope this isn\'t a dumb quesiton. Peace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In general they do offer other formsts such as Akai, Kurzweil and DLS but specifically I\'m not sure which this comes in but not Giga yet. The lady that owns he company used to be central to Kurzweil sound sample design team. I suggest we petition her to pusue the Giga format.
    Soundfonts are readible by Bitheadz Unity softsynth, much of the Creative line of soundcards, EMU Audio Production Studio soundcard and a few other soundcards.
    There ma be a utility to convert the soundfont to giga and of course the new gigastudio can supposedl to this.

The lady that owns the company (Sonic Implants) used to be central to Kurzweil sound sample design team. I suggest we petition her to pursue the Giga format.

*****Hi. I just received the latest e-mail newletter from Sonic implants and it was mentioned that their entire library will be converted to Gig format.

Thanks for the feedback. I did find a sampler CD called Symphonic Voices which contains vocal solos for Soprano and Tenor. It is in Akai format. Does anyone have experience converting this on to .gig format?

I converted my Symphony of Voices (Akai) to GS. I did it in bulk and haven\'t gone through every patch, but I didn\'t find any problems in the ones that I listened to. These are fairly straightforward Akai programs, I believe.

I have Symphony of Voices. I have not done a bulk conversion. Instead, I have been converting samples as I need them. The problem I have had is that sometimes Gigastudio can read the sample CD and sometimes it can\'t. There have been other posts discussing the problems with Akai conversions and the ability of Gigastudio to read Akai CDs.

When Gigastudio can read the folders on the CD, the conversion seems to be just fine. SOV sounds beautiful, espcially the solo voices. Some of the choir samples (especially the tenor and bass sections) seem muddy and need some EQ work.

Go Back to forum